Used Sawstop bait and switch…
Saw a Sawstop cabinet saw on facebook marketplace with router table and lift attached for $2400.  After some back and forth with the ‘seller” \
(Who turned out to be a proxy posting on facebook) they thought they had a buyer that fell through so they gave me the green light to come get it.

Hook up the trailer and drive an hour to the prize.

I get there, and they have the saw moved to the front of the shop.  The saw is between the forks of a tractor where they have used the forks to lift the saw by the top and fence.  Already starting off on the wrong foot, but hop out and get a closer look.

The router table has been pulled off and is away from the saw.

The proxy seller (guy who posted it) tells me the router table, lift, fence and router are NOT included even though they were clearly in the picture…

Actual seller does show up and tells me he is not including the router setup in the sale regardless of what was advertised.

Then try’s to sell me several other tools.

I left with nothing.

At least my 15 year old son got a couple hours of experience driving the truck with the 5x8 trailer in tow.

I missed a great gloat, but I already have a Sawstop and don’t really need another one, so not that great of a loss.

But if you see a bunch of woodworking equipment on facebook marketplace in east texas, be cautious and ask some questions before you make the drive…

Duke
(09-06-2024, 07:15 PM)JDuke Wrote: Saw a Sawstop cabinet saw on facebook marketplace with router table and lift attached for $2400.  After some back and forth with the ‘seller” \
(Who turned out to be a proxy posting on facebook) they thought they had a buyer that fell through so they gave me the green light to come get it.

I get there, and they have the saw moved to the front of the shop.  The saw is between the forks of a tractor where they have used the forks to lift the saw by the top and fence.  Already starting off on the wrong foot, but hop out and get a closer look.

The proxy seller (guy who posted it) tells me the router table, lift, fence and router are NOT included even though they were clearly in the picture…

Actual seller does show up and tells me he is not including the router setup in the sale regardless of what was advertised.

I left with nothing.

At least my 15 year old son got a couple hours of experience driving the truck with the 5x8 trailer in tow.

I missed a great gloat, but I already have a Sawstop and don’t really need another one, so not that great of a loss.

But if you see a bunch of woodworking equipment on facebook marketplace in east texas, be cautious and ask some questions before you make the drive…

Duke

Sorry to hear of this but happy you left them with the saw. I tend to walk away pretty much after a deal changes as it saves me from getting angry and has often resulted in a better deal than the one that got me there.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That sucks, some of the Facebook posters much have been trained by the CL posters.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-06-2024, 07:15 PM)JDuke Wrote: Saw a Sawstop cabinet saw on facebook marketplace with router table and lift attached for $2400.  After some back and forth with the ‘seller” \

I left with nothing.

Duke

Glad you walked away. Same thing happened to me many, many years ago on a PM 66. Was meant to be - love my SS PCS.

Doug
My thought was if he was willing to mis represent what was being sold, what else wasn’t what it seemed.

I also was concerned about how he treated the tools they were using a tractor to lift the saw by its top, and had at least 1/2 a dozen fired cartridges hanging on the wall.
It looked like the saw had lived a rough life.

Duke