Shipping handtools and payments
Hi all

It’s been a while but I’m thinking about selling some handtools and am wondering what ppl are using to ship and if they have had any bad experiences. Shipping prices seem to be through the roof lately.

Also, I see ppl are selling using zelle to avoid the fees of paypal - are ppl having any issues with that?

thanks in advance
Andy
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Dan Shaughnessy, boston globe on the Patriots loss in Superbowl XLII
I used to use UPS unless it was a small tool that would fit into a USPS Priority Mail box. Wrap it well and protect it from shock and mishandling. Zelle limits transactions to $500/day, so if your total is above that, you either need a longer history with Zelle to increase the limit or get more than one transaction to complete the sale.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
USPS Flat Rate Boxes are still available IF they have a size that is a reasonable fit. I got introduced to a business called PirateShip that accesses UPS, FedEx and USPS (with discounts on the flat rate USPS) and can offer some great rates. Real benefit is just going to one site, enter weight & dimensions, and the options for all 3 come up. I sent a McNaughton bowl coring system from near Chicago to upstate New York for under $15 a few months ago (via UPS)--USPS flat rate would have been something like $28.
I had heard about pirate ship but had read some bad online reviews- maybe those were “corner case”

That pricing model seems more reasonable.
"Humble pie was delicious as an abstract motivational tool. But when you have to actually take a bite, it tastes terrible."
Thats good to know on zelle - i will probably drip feed the sales over the course of a few months so maybe i can build my profile til I really feel like ratcheting up what i am selling.

Do you find zelle limits the buyer pool? Paypal just has so many fees now…
I've used Pirates hip for a while and have only good experiences.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Glad to hear good experiences.

Sometimes online reviews are deceiving
Good experiences with Pirate Ship here as well. That said--they do not control what the shipping companies do...like USPS sending a box back and forth from a Chicago distribution center to 3 different post offices within 25 miles of us before getting it to our PO. Took 2 days for that package to get from Arizona to Chicago, and nearly 2 weeks to make the last 80 miles. Can't blame any third-party vendor for that stuff, which is thankfully rare--but not as rare as it used to be!!
earl