Woodnet Forums

Full Version: tansu-inspired tool chest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I took a cue from the asymmetrical design of some tansu and put together a tool chest to bring some order to the chaos behind my bench. Locking miters on the case corners, dadoes for the dividers, and rabbets for the drawers. Shop sawn veneer on the drawer fronts, a reason board for the slab door and hardware from Lee Valley. I'm really tired of edge banding plywood, but the build did let me clear out a bunch of 1/2" odds and ends I had in cherry veneer.

Build details.

OMG! Totally
I'll say it;
you made those 'odds and ends' look good!

I love the design, it has character.
You caught my attention. I just love anything tansu cabinets. I was actually thinking of making a tansu style tool cabinet but never got around to it. You did a great job. Very nice indeed.
OP: "Shop sawn veneer on the drawer fronts, a reason board for the slab door ..."

What is a "reason board"? I never heard that term before.
LOVE the asymmetrical design. Vertical grain on the door accentuates the design, Nice job!
After reading the build details link, it appears that "reason" should be "resawn": "I bookmatched a resawn board to produce the slab door and completed the chest with an oil and wax finish."
Very well done, love the assymitry of it and that hardware looks first class. Now of course we need to see inside to see what little smart things you did that we can all borrow for tool storage.

Really well done.
Care to share your source for the drawer pulls?
Home run!

This is really nice. Excellent design, beautiful wood, sweet hardware. Not sure about the locking miters - never use them myself - but this piece dresses up any shop.
Pages: 1 2