Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Project Completed; With Your Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've completed the small cabriole leg table that my son requested. I got some good advice from folks on this forum regarding curved laminations, lumber purchases, and some finishing issues. Thanks.

The top came out of the crotch of a cherry stump given to me by a friend several years ago. The drawer fronts are shop cut veneer from some "junk" cherry I bought several years ago. Some of those planks had interesting pitchy grain that I cut into veneer and have used on several projects. The maple drawer sides came from a section of bowling alley. The legs are carved from blanks purchased from an Ebay source that someone here recommended; I think the sellers name was Green. The drawer bottoms are covered with Ultrasuede.

It was a fun and interesting project and contains a lot of "firsts" for me. Finish is garnet shellac with a few drops of dye to "brown" it a little. Then it is topped with a couple of coats of poly.

Great job. Looks beautiful.
Awesome!! I love the top. Most folks would have pitched the "Flaws" in the top, but you made it a focal point. A fine piece of art.
That top is sweet. Beautiful piece!
Nothing like Nature's carvings!!!!

Very nice use of the woods.
nice little table
Beautiful table and gorgeous top. I like that the legs are thin and elegant. Ken
Great artistry as well as craftsmanship! Very well done!
Nice job.
The table is very nice, but that top is just gorgeous, a true celebrate the defect approach, and it works perfectly with the simple, graceful lines of the rest of the piece.

John
Pages: 1 2