Woodnet Forums

Full Version: And then, there were two.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few years ago, thanks to the generosity of Jonathan up there in beautiful Alaska (and his fortune at being the recipient of the greatest hurricane of suckage to date by a member of this forum), I had acquired one of those wonderful ACME vises, a cast iron version in blue. Yup, he shipped it to me and I've enjoyed using it ever since.

Today, I happened upon another of these almost mythical beasts, this time in green aluminum. I grabbed it. I brought it home, and it works great.

I seriously doubt that I will be keeping both, but I will be playing with them both for as long as I own them.

The first, cast iron, from Jonathan:

Next, the alumimum one I found today.

I really have no need for them both, but it might be tough to let go of either. The cast iron one, with such a fabled story behind it, must remain in my shop, methinks.

I'm in a pickle...
They look like they would be so easy to work on saws with. A person would not have to stop and move the saw a few times and they look heavy duty too.

Nice stuff.

Arlin
First, you suck. Second, if you do sell one I would gladly buy either. And lastly, I'm not kidding, I would buy either one that you'd be willing to sell.
I cant believe your timing. That would have been too much to pass up.

Well, that was the closest I have ever been to getting an Acme. Only a week too late.

Was that from around kc?
Nice score Greg! I have one of those green aluminum ones, mines only 26", my cast Iron is 28". I use the aluminum, its so much lighter and easier to move around.

Oh, I would say you suck, but you only scored one, so you don't!!!!

Jonathan
I'd give a body part for one of those!! Mind telling us where you found it??

Thanks
oooooo ahhhhhhhh.
I am so envious.
Some guys have all the luck

web page