Woodnet Forums

Full Version: Small round walnut table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here’s a small round walnut table I just finished for GF Christmas gift.

[Image: SmallRoundTable_zpst8n6gu68.jpg]
Nice design, really like the trough tenons.
Very Nice!
Nicely done!
Half lap on the stretchers?
Ag
(12-21-2016, 07:50 PM)AgGEM Wrote: [ -> ]Nicely done!
Half lap on the stretchers?
Ag

Yes, half lap on the stretchers. Hard getting detail in the photo with ambient lighting, high gloss finish and soft background.

I would have photographed (another hobby) outside, but it's been barley above freezing and overcast here this week.
Nice job.   Yes  I've done several like that myself.  Love the style.
Nice finish, design, and workmanship!!!!
Did I see that in one of my wood working magazines in the last year+, plans,, not to take anything away from you.
Very beautiful table.  Like the others have said, well done!!

Joel
(12-21-2016, 09:03 PM)MikeBob Wrote: [ -> ]Did I see that in one of my wood working magazines in the last year+, plans,, not to take anything away from you.

Yes you did Smile  as did I.  That's where the inspiration came from.

I used the basic concept and dimensions in creating mine.
I changed quite a few of the construction methods in creating my version of the table. I like my proportions better.
I was especially happy with the top. It's made from one board edge glued together in 3 pieces. I was able to assemble the top so that you have to really look in order to tell that it's three pieces glued together. A non-woodworker would never know it's not one piece.
Pages: 1 2