Woodnet Forums

Full Version: storing a shooting plane?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do folks store their shooting planes?
(the handle is a bit awkward and it isn't a good neighbor in the till designed for #5-#7 planes)

Matt
I keep my LN 51 in the original box it came in. I have a set of handles and latches that haven’t gotten around to installing yet, i’ve Only had it two years. :-)
Mine lives on a shallow shelf with some other specialty planes.
P.S. - You might want to post this upstairs in "Hand Tools" rather than here in "Swap and Sell."
(11-27-2018, 11:24 PM)mdhills Wrote: [ -> ]How do folks store their shooting planes?
(the handle is a bit awkward and it isn't a good neighbor in the till designed for #5-#7 planes)

Matt

I found an open spot in my cabinet and made a shelf.......

[Image: 12287627876_29f1bfac07_b.jpg]
Love the cabinet. Is that small drawknife a Millers Falls? How do you like it? I've been wanting a small drawknife like that but they seem to be a little spendy. What's your opinion, are they worth it?

(11-28-2018, 09:28 AM)Admiral Wrote: [ -> ]I found an open spot in my cabinet and made a shelf.......

(11-27-2018, 11:24 PM)mdhills Wrote: [ -> ]How do folks store their shooting planes?

Matt

I have mine stored at Lee Valley, however, I just have not got around to asking Rob for it back yet.  Winkgrin Winkgrin Laugh
(11-28-2018, 10:26 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: [ -> ]Love the cabinet. Is that small drawknife a Millers Falls? How do you like it? I've been wanting a small drawknife like that but they seem to be a little spendy. What's your opinion, are they worth it?

It's a Jennings, very useful for finer work.
(11-28-2018, 09:19 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Mine lives on a shallow shelf with some other specialty planes.
P.S. - You might want to post this upstairs in "Hand Tools" rather than here in "Swap and Sell."

Thought I had posted it there...   I was wondering why I couldn't find the thread later...  (d'oh)

So Box, LV, and custom shelf above the till.

Thanks everyone.

Matt
(11-28-2018, 09:28 AM)Admiral Wrote: [ -> ]I found an open spot in my cabinet and made a shelf.......

great looking cabinet
(11-30-2018, 04:08 PM)DekalbKona Wrote: [ -> ]great looking cabinet

Agreed.
Pages: 1 2