Woodnet Forums
need ideas for door replacement - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: need ideas for door replacement (/showthread.php?tid=7321744)

Pages: 1 2

RE: need ideas for door replacement - Snipe Hunter - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 04:00 PM)Chip N Dust Wrote: and that thing that runs down between the doors to prevent prying.

That would be the Astragal. There's your 2 dollar word for the day.

RE: need ideas for door replacement - Chip N Dust - 08-17-2016

Thanks - I will try to remember that word

RE: need ideas for door replacement - K. L. McReynolds - 02-01-2017

Plywood barn doors. The kind with a Z pattern. Two sheets of exterior 3/4" plywood with 1" by 3" pine trim. Use the hinges like JGrout mentioned or stove bolts(heads out).

That is what I used on my shed and our current garden shed., although the trim design non the garden shed is different.

[Image: House%20for%20Mom%20042_zps47ztq9pq.jpg]

RE: need ideas for door replacement - Shel Jones - 02-02-2017

I think you got your answer splinter7612, and thanks everyone for your responses

RE: need ideas for door replacement - Snipe Hunter - 02-03-2017

(02-01-2017, 10:05 PM)Jeffrey Wallace Wrote: If you are planning for inward door opening then the best idea to make it secure is either by placing a crossed iron bar or by fixing a grill. As compared to single door I think double doors are much more secure. If you want more ideas on this matter it’s better to get the help of a company that provides window replacement services and installation.

He's baaaack

RE: need ideas for door replacement - splinter7612 - 02-04-2017

Thanks to everyone, I went to a door and window place near me who I've dealt with b4 and got a price of $1200 for a custom prehung double door but as my sil's wife just had their first baby this project has been put on hold.