Woodnet Forums
A new saw til? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A new saw til? (/showthread.php?tid=7354740)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: A new saw til? - bandit571 - 04-29-2020

Extra clamps?
Winkgrin  
[attachment=26639]
After the clamps came off..
Cool 
[attachment=26640]
With the plywood back installed, with glue and nails,,,
Winkgrin
[attachment=26646]
My, my..such an angry face
Laugh   Added a 1 x 1 bar to the bottom, to get a proper lean-back..
Old til was emptied, and removed....and a new landing pad was installed for the new saw til...
Cool
[attachment=26649]
Then move the new til to this spot, and load it up...
Winkgrin
[attachment=26650]
14 saws.  Finished?  Only halfway there...have a door to build, hang and latch.....then maybe some of the Witch's Brew?  

Have three 1 x 4 x 6' boards to haul to the shop, today....there is a plywood panel waiting on them. 
As for that Mitre Box?
[attachment=26651]
A Stanley No. 346 model, with it's own saw.   use it for small moldings and such...
Stay tuned....door building 101 later today
Winkgrin

RE: A new saw til? - stav - 04-29-2020

Only 14 saws?  Looks like you are a collector.  Did you build in expansion room for additional saws?

RE: A new saw til? - Tony Z - 04-29-2020

14 saws????? Bandit must be a Newbie!

There is about that many more, just hanging from the joists overhead..
Rolleyes ..trying to thin the herd a bit....and keep it under control.....
Winkgrin

Eastern Ohio is not much different than Western PA, and when we're out in the wild, and you see all these perfectly useable tools for next to nothing in cost, well you just have to rescue them! In my area, it seems block planes and miter boxes are very plentiful (and cheap!).

That No. 346 came from a Barn Sale...complete...for $15...even had it's original saw....deck was shot, including the one they added to the original one...
Winkgrin

RE: A new saw til? - stav - 04-29-2020

We don't get a lot of that in this area unless someone brings their barn with them to retire.

RE: A new saw til? - grwold - 04-29-2020

(04-29-2020, 03:36 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Eastern Ohio is not much different than Western PA, and when we're out in the wild, and you see all these perfectly useable tools for next to nothing in cost, well you just have to rescue them!  In my area, it seems block planes and miter boxes are very plentiful (and cheap!).

I wish some of those miter boxes would migrate to the eastern end of the commonwealth.

Also, Bandit, I've been really enjoying all of your recent build-alongs as you renew your shop's storage. Thanks for sharing.

(04-29-2020, 07:11 PM)grwold Wrote: I wish some of those miter boxes would migrate to the eastern end of the commonwealth.

Also, Bandit, I've been really enjoying all of your recent build-alongs as you renew your shop's storage.  Thanks for sharing.

PA? If so, where are you and what are you looking for?

RE: A new saw til? - bandit571 - 04-30-2020

Are you sure he didn't mean VA.?
Confused

Got a wild hair....decided to try out an idea..
No ...even cut 2 boards to test it out...at 0200 in the morning?  
Raised   even wasted 10 minutes, looking for that tape measure I had just used....
Upset

Angle has been figured out, sizes laid out on a piece of paper ( a Plan?
Rolleyes ) selected the next board for best grain, less knots..
Winkgrin ..just so I don't forget anything when I wake up after a while...Single Brain Cell Sketch Up seems to have a bad "Memory Card"  and lacks a "Save" button...
Rolleyes