Woodnet Forums
Walnut chairs completed - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Walnut chairs completed (/showthread.php?tid=7337425)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Walnut chairs completed - Stwood_ - 02-18-2018

Awesome
Cool
Cool
Cool 
Did you buy plans, or just wing it?

RE: Walnut chairs completed - rick4212 - 02-19-2018

Stwood said:
Awesome Cool Cool Cool
Did you buy plans, or just wing it?

No plans. Did mock ups until it looked right and was comfortable sitting.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - iublue - 02-19-2018

EVERYTHING in the room looks great but those chairs are special.

Kudos.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - AHill - 02-19-2018

Heirloom quality.  Great job.  They look awesome.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - mound - 02-19-2018

amazing work. Do all the seats have similar bookmatched crotch-grain? did you also make the table?

RE: Walnut chairs completed - Joel H. - 02-19-2018

I have nothing of value to add . . . . . . just WOW!!  If I ever make chairs (and they're on my list) I want to make them just like THAT!!!

Wonderful,

Joel

RE: Walnut chairs completed - rick4212 - 02-19-2018

Mound said:
amazing work. Do all the seats have similar bookmatched crotch-grain? did you also make the table?

The crotch grain was only on 2 so we designated those the Captain chairs. Yes made the table also. Posted it about a year ago. Thanks

RE: Walnut chairs completed - John Mihich - 02-23-2018

(02-16-2018, 01:46 AM)rick4212 Wrote: Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

I like them.  What style would you call that.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - rick4212 - 02-23-2018

John Mihich said:
I like them. What style would you call that.

I would call it modern but i just build what i like, not sure what most would call most of my furniture
Smile

RE: Walnut chairs completed - Emma Pine - 02-24-2018

(02-16-2018, 01:46 AM)rick4212 Wrote: Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Jesus these are beyond beautiful. Stunning work!