Walnut chairs completed
Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
(02-16-2018, 01:46 AM)rick4212 Wrote: Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Beautiful work, Rick.  Can you share some construction details especially on how you formed the curves in the chair seat and back?  Are they laminations or did you start with solid stock and use that poor spokeshave to form them?

Paul
Gorgeous!
Wow! I'm also interested in how you formed the curves in the back.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Cowabunga! You knocked that one out of the park!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
WOW!! Thems some real beauties!!
Stunning. Most impressed.
Thank you for sharing.
Ag
Wow! Chairs are one of the most difficult things to build. I think you knocked this one out of the park.
Gorgeous work.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
If I could make chairs that beautiful, I’d figure out how to take better pictures (hint, hint, post some better pics).