Woodnet Forums
1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics (/showthread.php?tid=7297587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - Aram - 10-03-2016

(06-09-2016, 02:27 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Be sure to get those boxes of flooring opened up , stacked and stickered! well ahead of when you plan to use it.

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - Fred Kingston - 10-04-2016

test...

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - barnowl - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 09:35 AM)Fred Kingston Wrote: test...

Another test...

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - brnhornt - 10-04-2016

Thanks for the tests guys...strange that I can now see my update posts. Just deleted the duplicate post.

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - brnhornt - 10-13-2016

So phase one of the reno is done.  Dining, living, and foyer are all back together and complete.  Took a day to breathe and then time to move onto the last room of this year...

Family room before:
[Image: 30_FamilyRoomBefore_zpsclytwob3.jpg]

Carpet removed, room cleared, ceiling texture off and skimmed.  Won't post too many updates on this room because the process is the same.  Going to prime/paint the ceiling, finish painting the crown molding and window/door casing-trim.  Paint the fireplace doors, white-wash the fireplace brick, paint the walls and then lay the flooring:
[Image: 31_FamilyRoomPrepped_zpspg9bbbev.jpg]

Got really really lucky on the ceiling in here.  I'm guessing it must have only been painted once by the builders 30 years ago because I noticed when I started to scrape that it "felt" different than in the previous rooms.  For the heck of it I grabbed a garden sprayer with hot water and tested a small section.  After 10 minutes, the stippling came down in sheets.  It was a wet mess, but man oh man, was it better than the dust from scraping/sanding
Smile

Kevin

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - brnhornt - 10-25-2016

Welp...it's finally done.  Still have to decide on a style and make a mantel...but that's actual woodworking
Smile

[Image: 32_FamilyRoomDone_zpskucreqhl.jpg]

Finished up on Saturday evening and there is a part of me that is depressed a little.  This project has taken up so much of my time that I find myself getting home from work and sad that the only thing that needs to be done is to keep cleaning up the shop and putting tools/supplies away
Smile

Thanks for following along!!!
Kevin

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - crokett™ - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:38 AM)brnhornt Wrote: I find myself getting home from work and sad that the only thing that needs to be done is to keep cleaning up the shop and putting tools/supplies away
Smile

Thanks for following along!!!
Kevin

Give it time, she'll give you the rest of her list. I live in a house that's less than a year old and that we more or less customized for us, and I'm as busy as ever.

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - Snipe Hunter - 10-27-2016

Ever considered tiling over the brick?

RE: 1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics - brnhornt - 11-01-2016

(10-27-2016, 06:39 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Ever considered tiling over the brick?

Honestly...hadn't...however it's a working wood fireplace right now, and there is a gas line for the log starter.  I'd like to have a gas insert installed one of these days.  My original thought was to rip out the existing brick and hearth.  Make the whole thing about 2 feet narrower...and finish with a stacked slate sort of look...but that will be years down the road
Smile