1st Floor Renovation - Build Along - Pics
(06-09-2016, 02:27 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Be sure to get those boxes of flooring opened up , stacked and stickered! well ahead of when you plan to use it.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
test...
fred@kingstonco.com
(10-04-2016, 09:35 AM)Fred Kingston Wrote: test...

Another test...
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Thanks for the tests guys...strange that I can now see my update posts. Just deleted the duplicate post.
So phase one of the reno is done.  Dining, living, and foyer are all back together and complete.  Took a day to breathe and then time to move onto the last room of this year...

Family room before:
[Image: 30_FamilyRoomBefore_zpsclytwob3.jpg]

Carpet removed, room cleared, ceiling texture off and skimmed.  Won't post too many updates on this room because the process is the same.  Going to prime/paint the ceiling, finish painting the crown molding and window/door casing-trim.  Paint the fireplace doors, white-wash the fireplace brick, paint the walls and then lay the flooring:
[Image: 31_FamilyRoomPrepped_zpspg9bbbev.jpg]

Got really really lucky on the ceiling in here.  I'm guessing it must have only been painted once by the builders 30 years ago because I noticed when I started to scrape that it "felt" different than in the previous rooms.  For the heck of it I grabbed a garden sprayer with hot water and tested a small section.  After 10 minutes, the stippling came down in sheets.  It was a wet mess, but man oh man, was it better than the dust from scraping/sanding
Smile

Kevin
Welp...it's finally done.  Still have to decide on a style and make a mantel...but that's actual woodworking
Smile

[Image: 32_FamilyRoomDone_zpskucreqhl.jpg]

Finished up on Saturday evening and there is a part of me that is depressed a little.  This project has taken up so much of my time that I find myself getting home from work and sad that the only thing that needs to be done is to keep cleaning up the shop and putting tools/supplies away
Smile

Thanks for following along!!!
Kevin
(10-25-2016, 11:38 AM)brnhornt Wrote: I find myself getting home from work and sad that the only thing that needs to be done is to keep cleaning up the shop and putting tools/supplies away
Smile

Thanks for following along!!!
Kevin

Give it time, she'll give you the rest of her list. I live in a house that's less than a year old and that we more or less customized for us, and I'm as busy as ever.
Ever considered tiling over the brick?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(10-27-2016, 06:39 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Ever considered tiling over the brick?

Honestly...hadn't...however it's a working wood fireplace right now, and there is a gas line for the log starter.  I'd like to have a gas insert installed one of these days.  My original thought was to rip out the existing brick and hearth.  Make the whole thing about 2 feet narrower...and finish with a stacked slate sort of look...but that will be years down the road
Smile