Woodnet Forums
Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Remote for 3HP Dust Collector (/showthread.php?tid=6878399)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Blacky's Boy - 01-29-2015

Fred,
How necessary is it to bypass the switch on the DC? Like I said in my thread above I was going to do it but decided to see if it would work with just placing the DC switch in the ON position and leaving it there.

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Blacky's Boy - 01-29-2015

kscott said:

If you did it with the switch in the ON position and it worked then I don't think that you have a magnetic switch. If I remember correctly you have the Reliant 3HP DC, right? If so then it is not a magnetic switch, I believe.
Ken

Hah, you beat me to the punch Ken!

I was just typing this question out to Fred. And you are correct. I have a Reliant 3HP DC.

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - fredhargis - 01-29-2015

Yep. If it's not a magnetic switch, then just leave it on.

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Blacky's Boy - 01-30-2015

web page

Shop Built Dust Collector Wireless Remote

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - fredhargis - 01-31-2015

Nice, very well done.

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - kscott - 01-31-2015

Neat video but I have a question. I have that exact same DC. When I turn mine on the top bags snap up and get hard as a rock, almost like, well, never mind . In the video the top bags did not move one bit, as far as I can tell. Something going on here? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ken

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Blacky's Boy - 01-31-2015

Well, I have a gizmo attached to the top of each bag that holds it up against the ceiling joists.

Edit to add:
Forgot to mention that I'm using oversized filter bags from AFF. So they really don't blow up like the stock bags.

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Belle City Woodworking - 01-31-2015

Well Done Dom!

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - kscott - 01-31-2015

gotcha. thanks. AFF folks are great. I have their custom made bags on my 4HP DC and they work great. I gave them measurements and they came back perfect.
Ken

Re: Wireless Remote for 3HP Dust Collector - Blacky's Boy - 01-31-2015

Ken,
back when I was first installing this DC you (as well as others here) advised me to call the people at AFF. I took your advise and they made those bags for me.

Each of those bags has a loop at the top. I screwed a big j-hook into the underside of the joist over the DC and the cut a piece of oak that was as long as the DC (spanned both bags) and narrow as the loops. The hook fits right into a hole I drilled in the center of the oak slat. It's not optimal bu tit keeps the bags from flopping over.