Woodnet Forums
A Twelve board chest - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: A Twelve board chest (/showthread.php?tid=6887168)

Pages: 1 2

A Twelve board chest - Jonathan S - 11-24-2014

My boards weren't wide enough for a 6 board chest! Lee Vally hardware and General Finishes Milk paint. A base coat of lamp black with somerset gold that I spiced up a bit with some yellow oxide tint. I rubbed the topcoat back a bit in a few places to reveal the black and try to simulate some age. I pretty happy with it. Its a Christmas gift for my wife's oldest daughter.

" />

Jonathan

Re: A Tweleve board chest - joemac - 11-24-2014

I like it, and I am sure the young lady receiving it will like it even more. Very well executed!!

Re: A Tweleve board chest - 2beast - 11-24-2014

Nicely done
An instant heirloom for sure

Re: A Tweleve board chest - titanxt - 11-24-2014

That is excellent!! I like the paint and the distressing.

Andy

Re: A Tweleve board chest - jstraw - 11-24-2014

Beautiful work. I want to do a project and use milk paint. Problem is, the wife is not a fan, even though I love the look of milk paint.

Re: A Tweleve board chest - Mike Brady - 11-24-2014

Really cool. She's going to like it.

Re: A Tweleve board chest - Rob Young - 11-24-2014

Looks great!

Re: A Tweleve board chest - MarkSingleton - 11-24-2014

Very nice.

Question. Did you get the latch from Lee Valley as well? I have a long term cedar chest project that I need to get a latch for.... Opinions on it?

Re: A Tweleve board chest - Mike Brady - 11-24-2014

That does look like the same latch I got from LV.

Re: A Tweleve board chest - Jonathan S - 11-24-2014

MarkSingleton said:

Very nice.

Question. Did you get the latch from Lee Valley as well? I have a long term cedar chest project that I need to get a latch for.... Opinions on it?

Yup the chest lock also came from LV Its seems like a nice mid priced lock, first one I have ever used though so nothing to compare it to. It was easy to install. The escutcheon was purchased seperately

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Jonathan