A Twelve board chest
My boards weren't wide enough for a 6 board chest! Lee Vally hardware and General Finishes Milk paint. A base coat of lamp black with somerset gold that I spiced up a bit with some yellow oxide tint. I rubbed the topcoat back a bit in a few places to reveal the black and try to simulate some age. I pretty happy with it. Its a Christmas gift for my wife's oldest daughter.

" />

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
I like it, and I am sure the young lady receiving it will like it even more. Very well executed!!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Nicely done
An instant heirloom for sure
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
That is excellent!! I like the paint and the distressing.

Andy
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Beautiful work. I want to do a project and use milk paint. Problem is, the wife is not a fan, even though I love the look of milk paint.
John
Really cool. She's going to like it.
Looks great!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Very nice.

Question. Did you get the latch from Lee Valley as well? I have a long term cedar chest project that I need to get a latch for.... Opinions on it?
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
That does look like the same latch I got from LV.
MarkSingleton said:

Very nice.

Question. Did you get the latch from Lee Valley as well? I have a long term cedar chest project that I need to get a latch for.... Opinions on it?

Yup the chest lock also came from LV Its seems like a nice mid priced lock, first one I have ever used though so nothing to compare it to. It was easy to install. The escutcheon was purchased seperately

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge