Woodnet Forums
Olive - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Olive (/showthread.php?tid=7010227)

Olive - KlausK. - 05-07-2015

Hi Netters,

after a long brake due to some allergy issues I'm back in saw making together with Pedder again. Currently it's only possible to me to work with ebony and olive without having reactions. I'm happy enough being able to continue the handle making on this limited base. Better than nothing after all. The downside is, that both timbers are not that easy to get.

Today I want to show a little carcase saw, that was made for a customer with large hands, large with capitals It's a 12" saw with the blade depth of about 1 3/4" and the pitch of 18 tpi crosscut.

This saw while made for a carpenter won't see much use. He want's to display it in his office. So a little saw stand was made out of the same piece of olive as the handle. 2 rare earth magnets hold the saw.

Thanks for looking.
Klaus

Re: Olive - wmickley - 05-07-2015

Is this saw for sale?

Re: Olive - KlausK. - 05-07-2015

Nope, it's custom made for a carpenter.

Klaus

Re: Olive - Arlin Eastman - 05-07-2015

Wonderful Just wonderful handle and saw plate.

Arlin

Re: Olive - Todd O. Cronkhite - 05-07-2015

The Dynamic Duo and reunited!!!!!!!!

Beautiful handle Klaus, and I think that the Olive wood is very beautiful and that there is no need to apologise for it.

Re: Olive - sawdustdave - 05-07-2015

That there is right pretty!

Re: Olive - Aram - 05-07-2015

Another beauty. And welcome back to the craft!

Re: Olive - Steve N - 05-07-2015

Beautiful to look at, that wood has a voice. No doubt a pleasure to use as well.

Re: Olive - Bibliophile 13 - 05-08-2015

Lovely.

Would look even better against a different color backdrop, though.

Re: Olive - Window Guy - 05-09-2015

Beautiful looking saw and am glad you and Pedder are able to start making saws again.

Thanks for sharing !

Steve