Olive
Hi Netters,

after a long brake due to some allergy issues I'm back in saw making together with Pedder again. Currently it's only possible to me to work with ebony and olive without having reactions. I'm happy enough being able to continue the handle making on this limited base. Better than nothing after all. The downside is, that both timbers are not that easy to get.

Today I want to show a little carcase saw, that was made for a customer with large hands, large with capitals It's a 12" saw with the blade depth of about 1 3/4" and the pitch of 18 tpi crosscut.

This saw while made for a carpenter won't see much use. He want's to display it in his office. So a little saw stand was made out of the same piece of olive as the handle. 2 rare earth magnets hold the saw.

Thanks for looking.
Klaus
Is this saw for sale?
Nope, it's custom made for a carpenter.

Klaus
Wonderful Just wonderful handle and saw plate.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The Dynamic Duo and reunited!!!!!!!!

Beautiful handle Klaus, and I think that the Olive wood is very beautiful and that there is no need to apologise for it.
You wouldn't say that if a juju man had messed with your mojo. Kizar 7-19-13

But when an outsider threatens our President, and a miserable camel humping piece of pig turd at that, Charlie D. 2/3/15

That there is right pretty!
David Dahl

Be still, and know that I am God...
Another beauty. And welcome back to the craft!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Beautiful to look at, that wood has a voice. No doubt a pleasure to use as well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Lovely.

Would look even better against a different color backdrop, though.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Beautiful looking saw and am glad you and Pedder are able to start making saws again.

Thanks for sharing !

Steve