Woodnet Forums
Computer desk ideas - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Computer desk ideas (/showthread.php?tid=7084502)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Computer desk ideas - DaveR1 - 09-22-2015

Cooler is right. The tension on the arm can be adjusted so it doesn't sag down. You are correct, though, the cable coming out of it is pretty heavy and can tend to drag it down.

I've been lusting after that big Cintiq, too.

Re: Computer desk ideas - Cooler - 09-22-2015

DaveR1 said:

Cooler is right. The tension on the arm can be adjusted so it doesn't sag down. You are correct, though, the cable coming out of it is pretty heavy and can tend to drag it down.

I've been lusting after that big Cintiq, too.

The cables are supposed to nestle inside the arm after adjustments. The instructional video illustrates that too. You will need a few black zip ties for that operation.

Re: Computer desk ideas - DaveR1 - 09-22-2015

That's not the case with the arm I have on my Cintiq. The lead is wrong to get it into the channel on the underside of the arm. If I were to get the 27" cintiq I would probably use a modified GCX arm instead. We use a lot of those in the ORs and they're bullet proof.

Re: Computer desk ideas - pconroy - 09-22-2015

Halfathumb said:

I was a tunnel rat in Nam back in 1967 and I don't enjoy it now like I did then. No more adrenaline rush!

You have my gratitude and respect.
I've read stories about their work.

RE: Computer desk ideas - Jonothanweeks - 01-16-2017

Some of my  favorites computer desks 
[Image: xcorner-desk.jpg.pagespeed.ic.m15E5Cdnc8.webp]

RE: Computer desk ideas - Steve N - 01-16-2017

Another thread from the past that is updated, and yet the updates don't show? Or is it just my computer?

RE: Computer desk ideas - Cecil - 01-16-2017

Thanks kompera.  Both of those are quite nice.  I also hope to make a computer desk later this year and the second one tickles my fancy quite well.

RE: Computer desk ideas - Cecil - 01-16-2017

I don't know if on can purchase the mechanism for these adjustable height desk tops separately or not.  I am hoping to build later this year and I will have a desk I can adjust from sitting to standing, even if I have to remove and toss their topper.  There may be other adjustable options out there.  I have not researched that yet.
[url=http://www.varidesk.com/product/standing-desk-pro-plus-36?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmjCqD6kfTIF8HS3GWZFUvTF6XS6niNGJoGkvJ9e6iFoaAv0k8P8HAQ][/url]

RE: Computer desk ideas - Stwood_ - 01-16-2017

Kewl thread

RE: Computer desk ideas - cputnam - 01-16-2017

Running computers in enclosed cabinets will quickly cook them. Get her a laptop that lives on an open cubby and run a small fan through it. That way the cpu can stay slive for backups and updates, etc, without frying anything.

JMO & TMWV