Woodnet Forums
Any bets... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Any bets... (/showthread.php?tid=7128598)

Any bets... - Big Dave - 10-27-2015

on what Rob and the guys will be offering up this year for the new miniature tool?

It's about that time of year. I'm thinking either smoothing plane or handsaw...

Re: Any bets... - DaveParkis - 10-27-2015

I'm thinking brace

Re: Any bets... - Bill_Houghton - 10-27-2015

Scraper.

Although the unbearably cool item would be a miniature of the custom bench planes, I doubt the sales would justify the tooling.

One thing about the miniatures is that they are functional tools. A friend of mine, who was given the miniature shoulder plane, tells me he thought it was a trinket until he started using it, and now uses it often. So LV would be making something that people might actually find useful. A tiny scraper for cleanup of, say, boxes, might be just the ticket.

Re: Any bets... - AHill - 10-27-2015

Miniature Dovetail Saw?

Re: Any bets... - bandsaw - 10-27-2015

A Rob bobblehead!

Re: Any bets... - oarlock - 10-27-2015

Hmmm. How about a miniature shooting plane (and board) . Actually I use all of the miniature tools, except for the router plane, when I'm in my model-making mode.

Re: Any bets... - cputnam - 10-28-2015

Actually, that is not a bad guess. I've been thinking the same thing - miniature shooter + miniature board.

Re: Any bets... - Carl Grover - 10-28-2015

Bill_Houghton said:

Scraper.

Although the unbearably cool item would be a miniature of the custom bench planes, I doubt the sales would justify the tooling.

One thing about the miniatures is that they are functional tools. A friend of mine, who was given the miniature shoulder plane, tells me he thought it was a trinket until he started using it, and now uses it often. So LV would be making something that people might actually find useful. A tiny scraper for cleanup of, say, boxes, might be just the ticket.

I use my mini shoulder plane and mini block plane often and they are excellent performers.

carl

Re: Any bets... - Rob Lee - 10-28-2015

bandsaw said:

A Rob bobblehead!

Ummmm....NO!

Re: Any bets... - Big Dave - 10-28-2015

Rob Lee said:

[blockquote]bandsaw said:

A Rob bobblehead!

Ummmm....NO!

[/blockquote]

It appears Rob is already sending a message to his Secret Santa...