Any bets...
on what Rob and the guys will be offering up this year for the new miniature tool?

It's about that time of year. I'm thinking either smoothing plane or handsaw...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
I'm thinking brace
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Scraper.

Although the unbearably cool item would be a miniature of the custom bench planes, I doubt the sales would justify the tooling.

One thing about the miniatures is that they are functional tools. A friend of mine, who was given the miniature shoulder plane, tells me he thought it was a trinket until he started using it, and now uses it often. So LV would be making something that people might actually find useful. A tiny scraper for cleanup of, say, boxes, might be just the ticket.
Miniature Dovetail Saw?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
A Rob bobblehead!
Hmmm. How about a miniature shooting plane (and board) . Actually I use all of the miniature tools, except for the router plane, when I'm in my model-making mode.
Actually, that is not a bad guess. I've been thinking the same thing - miniature shooter + miniature board.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Bill_Houghton said:

Scraper.

Although the unbearably cool item would be a miniature of the custom bench planes, I doubt the sales would justify the tooling.

One thing about the miniatures is that they are functional tools. A friend of mine, who was given the miniature shoulder plane, tells me he thought it was a trinket until he started using it, and now uses it often. So LV would be making something that people might actually find useful. A tiny scraper for cleanup of, say, boxes, might be just the ticket.

I use my mini shoulder plane and mini block plane often and they are excellent performers.

carl
bandsaw said:

A Rob bobblehead!

Ummmm....NO!

Rob Lee said:

[blockquote]bandsaw said:

A Rob bobblehead!

Ummmm....NO!

[/blockquote]

It appears Rob is already sending a message to his Secret Santa...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."