Woodnet Forums
Two chairs for the price of one - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Two chairs for the price of one (/showthread.php?tid=7186651)

Pages: 1 2

Two chairs for the price of one - Tom Wiarda - 01-06-2016

In November I took a chair making class with Greg Pennington in Hendersonville Tenn. We made a Writing Arm Windsor Chair. It was an 8-day class with lots to do including making dovetailed drawers to go under the writing arm and the chair seat. I didn't have anything to do in the evening so I started on another chair- a child-size continuous arm rocking chair for my grandson for Christmas. I got most of the parts made that week and finished up at home..

This is the second class I have taken with Greg. He is a good teacher with a great shop. I recommend him if you want to build a chair.

The writing arm chair is traditional Windsor construction with a cherry writing surface and drawers. The continuous arm rocker is scaled down to 2/3 of the full size chair. I am pleased with the way they both turned out. Here are pictures. Tom

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - Admiral - 01-06-2016

Nice chairs . . . .

Cuter kid!!

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - Scoony - 01-06-2016

They look awesome. Love that little rocker. That chair looks like it would be the ticket for laptop use.

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - GNP - 01-06-2016

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - Jonathan S - 01-07-2016

Awesome! They both look great.

Jonathan

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - Steve N - 01-07-2016

2 very nice chairs, and a cute looking Grandson to be sure. That desk chair really does have a lot of bang for chores, or as stated laptop use, really nice design for the 21st century.

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - TroutVictor - 01-07-2016

WELL done!! Thanks for the info about Greg Pennington.

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - JustinTyson - 01-07-2016

Wonderful work. I've followed Greg Pennington's blog, and he definitely does some gorgeous work and has a phenomenal workshop. I really like the child's rocker as well. I have been thinking about building one for my kids, but I decided to try a full-size Windsor chair first. Almost done with that one.

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - Herebrooks - 01-07-2016

Great Tom!!! You've studied with the best, that's for sure.
All the best, Bill

Re: Two chairs for the price of one - AHill - 01-07-2016

Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice! I especially like the writing desk chair. As that cherry ages, it'll be really eye popping.

Do my eyes deceive me, or is the crest on the chair tilted?