Two chairs for the price of one
In November I took a chair making class with Greg Pennington in Hendersonville Tenn. We made a Writing Arm Windsor Chair. It was an 8-day class with lots to do including making dovetailed drawers to go under the writing arm and the chair seat. I didn't have anything to do in the evening so I started on another chair- a child-size continuous arm rocking chair for my grandson for Christmas. I got most of the parts made that week and finished up at home..

This is the second class I have taken with Greg. He is a good teacher with a great shop. I recommend him if you want to build a chair.

The writing arm chair is traditional Windsor construction with a cherry writing surface and drawers. The continuous arm rocker is scaled down to 2/3 of the full size chair. I am pleased with the way they both turned out. Here are pictures. Tom

Nice chairs . . . .

Cuter kid!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
They look awesome. Love that little rocker. That chair looks like it would be the ticket for laptop use.
Awesome! They both look great.

Jonathan

I only regret the tools I didn't buy!

“Think about it: Everything with a power cord eventually winds up in the trash.” John Sarge
2 very nice chairs, and a cute looking Grandson to be sure. That desk chair really does have a lot of bang for chores, or as stated laptop use, really nice design for the 21st century.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

WELL done!! Thanks for the info about Greg Pennington.
Victor

"The cure for anything is saltwater....sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
Wonderful work. I've followed Greg Pennington's blog, and he definitely does some gorgeous work and has a phenomenal workshop. I really like the child's rocker as well. I have been thinking about building one for my kids, but I decided to try a full-size Windsor chair first. Almost done with that one.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
Great Tom!!! You've studied with the best, that's for sure.
All the best, Bill
Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice! I especially like the writing desk chair. As that cherry ages, it'll be really eye popping.

Do my eyes deceive me, or is the crest on the chair tilted?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill