Woodnet Forums
Cherry Sideboard - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Cherry Sideboard (/showthread.php?tid=7262761)

Pages: 1 2

Cherry Sideboard - Zalsa - 04-10-2016

I had described this is a prior post, but thought I should put up photos after the cabinet is really complete and in situ. My first frame and panel piece - made of air dried book matched cherry - finished with shellac and Waterlox.
Comments appreciated.
" /> " /> " /> " /> " />

Re: Cherry Sideboard - Steve N - 04-10-2016

It's a great form, and the bookmatch and using all of the wood makes it visually very interesting. My motto is embrace the imperfection, so it works for me, but I know some want straight plain looks, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. In that regard if you are happy, that is what matters

Are the handles twigs? Please post a closer view.

Re: Cherry Sideboard - cputnam - 04-11-2016

What a gorgeous piece! LOML really want a sideboard (we do have an antique sideboard) as part of a large builtin exercise. Yours is beautiful albeit slightly rustic in the photos.

Re: Cherry Sideboard - AgGEM - 04-11-2016

I'm all over it.
Very nicely done.
Ag

Re: Cherry Sideboard - Yetloh - 04-11-2016

Lovely work and I too love curves.

Jim

Re: Cherry Sideboard - Herb G - 04-11-2016

That is one nice piece of furniture.
Good on ya for building that.

Re: Cherry Sideboard - RedBob - 04-11-2016

I love cherry and your use of aggressively grained boards is tough to photograph. I'm guessing this piece looks even better in person.
I like the curved stiles on your panels and would be interested in knowing how you made them.
The only critique I might have is that the grain on the front door panels fights a bit with the curved stiles. Other than that, I like

Best,
Bob

Re: Cherry Sideboard - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 04-11-2016

Lo me gusta mucho!

Great looking piece.

Re: Cherry Sideboard - Pink Floyd - 04-11-2016

I like that a lot. I think it will become even more attractive as the Cherry heartwood darkens and contrasts more with the sapwood.

BTW, I would call it a Huntboard as opposed to the more formal Sideboard.

Re: Cherry Sideboard - Gary G™ - 04-11-2016

Beeeautiful work.