Cherry Sideboard
I had described this is a prior post, but thought I should put up photos after the cabinet is really complete and in situ. My first frame and panel piece - made of air dried book matched cherry - finished with shellac and Waterlox.
Comments appreciated.
" /> " /> " /> " /> " />
It's a great form, and the bookmatch and using all of the wood makes it visually very interesting. My motto is embrace the imperfection, so it works for me, but I know some want straight plain looks, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. In that regard if you are happy, that is what matters

Are the handles twigs? Please post a closer view.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
What a gorgeous piece! LOML really want a sideboard (we do have an antique sideboard) as part of a large builtin exercise. Yours is beautiful albeit slightly rustic in the photos.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I'm all over it.
Very nicely done.
Ag
Lovely work and I too love curves.

Jim
That is one nice piece of furniture.
Good on ya for building that.
I love cherry and your use of aggressively grained boards is tough to photograph. I'm guessing this piece looks even better in person.
I like the curved stiles on your panels and would be interested in knowing how you made them.
The only critique I might have is that the grain on the front door panels fights a bit with the curved stiles. Other than that, I like

Best,
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
Lo me gusta mucho!

Great looking piece.
Semper fi,
Brad

I like that a lot. I think it will become even more attractive as the Cherry heartwood darkens and contrasts more with the sapwood.

BTW, I would call it a Huntboard as opposed to the more formal Sideboard.
If I had 8 hours to cut down a tree, I'd do it in 15 minutes with a chainsaw and drink beer the other 7:45 hrs.
Beeeautiful work.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.