Woodnet Forums
Mortise and Tenon II - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Mortise and Tenon II (/showthread.php?tid=7324298)

Pages: 1 2

Mortise and Tenon II - Gary™ - 10-27-2016

I got notice it'll be ready for preorder next week. I liked the first one but am not sure that I'll do the next one or not. Anybody else on the fence?

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - Rob Young - 10-27-2016

(10-27-2016, 02:43 PM)Gary™ Wrote: I got notice it'll be ready for preorder next week.   I liked the first one but am not sure that I'll do the next one or not.   Anybody else on the fence?

Nope, no fence sitting.  Going to order.

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - Handplanesandmore - 10-27-2016

After reading the first issue, I will pass. The contents are not what I am interested in, not saying the magazine is bad or something.

Simon

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - barryvabeach - 10-27-2016

I am with Simon.  I thought it was interesting, and certainly a different take that most other ww magazines, but wasn't really what I was interested in.

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - ZachDillinger - 10-28-2016

I will definitely be ordering it. This issue will be a great one; interviews with the owner of Liberty Tool, Chris Schwarz and his Roman benches, an interview with me (full disclosure), etc. The first issue was a little more esoteric than this one is shaping up to be. I truly believe this issue will raise the already-high bar that Joshua set with the first one.

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - AHill - 10-28-2016

I'll probably order one.  I agree the first issue was somewhat esoteric, but I'm not going to judge a periodical based on only one issue.  If you're not into period furniture, I don't think M&T will hold much interest to you.  I'm not into period furniture, but I am a history buff, so I do find M&T an interesting read.  It is a very well-done magazine.

From their website: 
"M&T is an annual print magazine celebrating the preservation, research, and recreation of historic furniture."

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - Bibliophile 13 - 10-28-2016

I'll probably get it. I really enjoyed the last issue, but I thought there was some room for improvement--as there always is with a startup like this. Rich photography is great, but I wanted a few more captions explaining what we were looking at. I expect we'll see good things in issue #2.

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - Large Wooden Badger - 10-28-2016

I just ordered the first one, I guess I have been out of the loop

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - DonSlaughter - 10-29-2016

I enjoyed the first one and am happy to see some variation in the rag world.  The theme intrigues me. I'll definitely spring for another issue.

RE: Mortise and Tenon II - jppierson - 10-31-2016

I really enjoyed reading the first issue and look forward to the second. I also had the opportunity to attend one of his demonstrations at the woodworking shows in Saratoga Springs. It was a super class and demonstrated techniques discussed in the first issue. I learned a lot from both.