Woodnet Forums
Ask TOH just had the Bosch Reaxx saw on... - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Ask TOH just had the Bosch Reaxx saw on... (/showthread.php?tid=7325272)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Ask TOH just had the Bosch Reaxx saw on... - Bob10 - 11-24-2016

I saw the show yesterday really have no idea why anyone would buy Sawstop tech unless it came at a steep discount compared to what Bosch has produced.  Saw is only down a minute or 2 blade is not trashed.  Bosch has built the better mouse trap IMO

RE: Ask TOH just had the Bosch Reaxx saw on... - EricU - 11-24-2016

I only have a vague idea how the Bosch worked, and didn't think it needed a cartridge.  At the level of a job site saw, not ruining the blade definitely has advantages.  I suspect that Bosch will make a lot of money on licensing if their prices are reasonable.  Wonder if other companies are just waiting for the patents to expire.  I forgot they were going to the ITC, you don't hear of that much when it comes to patent suits.

RE: Ask TOH just had the Bosch Reaxx saw on... - macpiano - 11-30-2016

I would've guessed that SS had patented the flesh sensing technology. As far as the two saws. The Bosch is over $1400 I believe so pretty close in price to the SS. Plus the SS contractor has many more available options. I have the contractor SS but I have the 52 inch fence, cast iron wings, etc. which I could not get on the Bosch.