Woodnet Forums
WTB jointer plane - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: WTB jointer plane (/showthread.php?tid=7328514)

WTB jointer plane - george#1 - 03-06-2017

Hi. I am looking to buy a quality jointer plane someone no longer need. Maybe a Veritas bevel up model? On the same subject, has anyone bought the Woodriver #7? How do you like it?

RE: WTB jointer plane - David Knight - 03-06-2017

Hey George. I've got a couple Stanley #7's I could part with. It's just my opinion, but people can get themselves into a lot of trouble with bevel up planes. There is nothing a well sharpened bevel down plane won't do, including end grain. Conversely, a bevel up plane will reak havoc in the wrong application. Again, this is just my opinion.

If you're interested in an older Stanley, let me know how much work you want to do to it and I'll match that with what I've got.

RE: WTB jointer plane - John Clifford - 03-06-2017

George, I have a Clifton #7 that's new that I'd be willing to sell. In fact I was going to list it here in the coming days. Send me a PM if you're interested.

John

RE: WTB jointer plane - JJO - 03-07-2017

I have a STANLEY BAILEY #7 as well as an #8 and a #6, I'd consider selling..Let me know....All 3 good condition, "user" level..

RE: WTB jointer plane - george#1 - 03-07-2017

Thanks for all the replies and offers. I have been unexpectedly busy and have not had time to reply to everyone yet.