Woodnet Forums
Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL (/showthread.php?tid=7328833)

Pages: 1 2

Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - CARYinWA - 03-19-2017

Found this on CL yesterday .  Picked it up today for $500. We will see how I like it.
Laugh

[Image: 20170319_124323_zpsxmbbrl12.jpg]

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - iublue - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 03:25 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: Found this on CL yesterday .  Picked it up today for $500. We will see how I like it.
Laugh

Well, I love mine and use it all the time.  I bet you will too.

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - fredhargis - 03-19-2017

You got a very good deal on that, and buying those things used is the only way I'll buy Festool products. Good deal!

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - Robert Adams - 03-19-2017

Doesn't  look like a grizzly to me......   

I'm not a festool fan however that is the #1 tool of theirs  I would like to have.

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - AHill - 03-19-2017

Love, love, love my Domino.  No other tool I have saves me more time than my Domino.

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - wrb - 03-19-2017

You got an excellent deal on it.  I love mine.  Use it far more than I thought I would. Recently built a shoe cabinet with all of the joinery made with domino reinforced miters, case and drawers.  Looks great and it was very easy with the Domino.

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - packerguy® - 03-19-2017

Sounds like a solid deal.

I've looked at getting one a half dozen times, but never pulled the trigger. Not sure what I would use it for in my shop. For $500 id probably figure something out . 
Laugh

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - CARYinWA - 03-20-2017

(03-19-2017, 08:16 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Not sure what I would use it for in my shop. For $500 id probably figure something out . 
Laugh

That was my thought.  The 2nd person in line was offering the seller $600 to let him have it.  Luckly the seller stuck to our deal(his asking price).  If I don't like it then I can definitely sell it and not loose any money.

That being said,  I find that the trim stop is pretty lacking in build quality.  I guess I will wait for RTS to get something in the pipe.  Everything on the website seems to be out of stock.  All of the cutters are pretty worn.  I guess I will look at CMT. I am guessing 6 and 10 will be the most used.

I am still going to keep my Jessem Dowling jig and my PC and Ryobi detail biscuit jointers.  Everything has their place.

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - iublue - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 04:22 AM)CARYinWA Wrote: That was my thought.  The 2nd person in line was offering the seller $600 to let him have it.  Luckly the seller stuck to our deal(his asking price).  If I don't like it then I can definitely sell it and not loose any money.

That being said,  I find that the trim stop is pretty lacking in build quality.  I guess I will wait for RTS to get something in the pipe.  Everything on the website seems to be out of stock.  All of the cutters are pretty worn.  I guess I will look at CMT. I am guessing 6 and 10 will be the most used.

I am still going to keep my Jessem Dowling jig and my PC and Ryobi detail biscuit jointers.  Everything has their place.

I can't imagine you not liking it.  Initially, I thought like you but as much as I use it for joining, I have found uses for mine past just joining.  I used it to make slots to attach a solid top to allow for wood movement and other things too.

I have never used the trim stop.  I use all three sizes of cutters but probably the 10 the least.

I sold my biscuit joiner.  I really couldn't think of a reason to keep it.  I still have a doweling jig but haven't used it in a LONG time for doweling.  I did used it recently but not for a dowel, just for a centered hole.

RE: Dipping my toe in the green koolaid via CL - fredhargis - 03-20-2017

The cutters are suppose to last a very, very long time. But when I bought mine ( a very well used one for more than you paid) I bught the CMT cutters thinking the ones I had were shot. That wasn't the case, but the CMT cutters are just as good...in fact I think I read somewhere that CMT is making the Festool OEM bits.