Woodnet Forums
Back in Blue - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Back in Blue (/showthread.php?tid=7328913)

Pages: 1 2

Back in Blue - Bibliophile 13 - 03-22-2017

After almost nine years as a moderator here, I've decided to hang up my green outfit and go back to regular blue.  I hope this will give me a little more time to actually participate as a member of the forum, especially in Hand Tools.  I've got a couple interesting projects in the works that I hope to share here in the coming weeks.

WoodNet has always been a very special place for me.  I wouldn't be half the woodworker I am now if it had not been for a lot of generous, knowledgeable forum members who took the time to share their experience and encourage my efforts to learn this craft.

RE: Back in Blue - Tony Z - 03-22-2017

Thanks for doing a thankless job!

RE: Back in Blue - JimReed@Tallahassee - 03-22-2017

Ditto. It takes lots of behind the scenes work to make something like this a success. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

RE: Back in Blue - Bill_Houghton - 03-22-2017

Thanks for your work.  I moderate over on WoodCentral, and it's easy most of the time - it's a similarly strong, mostly well-behaved community - but the times it's not easy are no fun at all.

RE: Back in Blue - Skip J. - 03-22-2017

Hello Steve;
Thanks for diving in and being here for us.  Some of us remember it was not so smooth back then....  We appreciate it!  Carol still asks me from time-to-time how your girls are doing....  say hello to them from us here in Texas!  Look forward to see you posting more projects.

RE: Back in Blue - professore - 03-23-2017

Change is constant.  Thank you for all your work as a moderator capacity and looking forward to the knowledge you'll share as a "member". 
Smile

Frank S in IA

RE: Back in Blue - hbmcc - 03-23-2017

Thanks, Boss; and break a leg. Er, wait ... wrong passion. May everything work out well for you.

RE: Back in Blue - Admiral - 03-23-2017

Thanks for your work.  But you're still Green!

RE: Back in Blue - Bibliophile 13 - 03-23-2017

Yeah, I don't know why I still have my green hat on.  I expect it will go away soon.

Skip, I still think about you guys sometimes.  Remember that cedar slab I got from M&G?  I finally made something out of it:

[Image: staked-cedar-bench-2016-3.jpg?w=640]

More pictures here on the blog.

RE: Back in Blue - Arlin Eastman - 03-23-2017

(03-22-2017, 12:26 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Thanks for doing a thankless job!

+1