Woodnet Forums
Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade (/showthread.php?tid=7332184)

Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade - alsayyed - 08-01-2017

Hello  fellows I have purchase this saw blade through Amazon.

I was happy when I have my eight cuts. Net day I came to do a cut in 4 cm square tube is not cutting like used be it got dull. I was surprise what happean why did the blade get dull after eight cuts. I am using Bosch chop saw. Dose anybody run into problem, like that .?

Do I need to use a special chop saw or any regular chop saw will do.

[b]HTC Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade 355mm x 25.4mm x 66T HTCRP3552466[/b]

RE: Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade - museumguy - 08-02-2017

Yes, I have used a 7 1/4" steel cutting blade on a 7 1/4" miter saw. I've used 2 different brands of saw blades and both have gotten dull very quickly. I contacted the manufacturers of both blades and they both said that a miter saw is spinning at a high rpm, higher than the blade is designed for. They both stated that the blades are designed to be run on different saws at slower speeds.

RE: Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade - barryvabeach - 08-02-2017

The Evolution blades are designed to be used on the Evolution saw.  The evolution 10 inch chop saw spins at 2,500 rpm.   A dewalt 10 inch chop saw spins at 5,000 rpm,  which would likely cause the blade to overheat and dull pretty quickly.  The saw blade I have has worked fine for me, but I use it on an Evolution saw.

RE: Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade - EdL - 08-02-2017

Just bought an Irwin 7 1/4 metal cutting blade, I put it on my Hilti wsc-267-e circ. saw. It has variable speed so I could slow it down to 3500 rpm, same as a Milwaukee metal cutting circ. saw.

So far, it's worked awesome on steel siding. The Hilti fits Festool guide rails, nice straight cuts.

Yes

Ed

RE: Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade - Steve N - 08-03-2017

(08-02-2017, 07:40 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: The Evolution blades are designed to be used on the Evolution saw.  The evolution 10 inch chop saw spins at 2,500 rpm.   A dewalt 10 inch chop saw spins at 5,000 rpm,  which would likely cause the blade to overheat and dull pretty quickly.  The saw blade I have has worked fine for me, but I use it on an Evolution saw.

Not only do you need a machine that will run the speed range for the blade, but the blades themselves are different, depending on the thickness, and type of metal to be cut