Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade

Hello  fellows I have purchase this saw blade through Amazon.

I was happy when I have my eight cuts. Net day I came to do a cut in 4 cm square tube is not cutting like used be it got dull. I was surprise what happean why did the blade get dull after eight cuts. I am using Bosch chop saw. Dose anybody run into problem, like that .?

Do I need to use a special chop saw or any regular chop saw will do.

[b]HTC Evolution Raptor Steel Cutting Blade 355mm x 25.4mm x 66T HTCRP3552466[/b]

Yes, I have used a 7 1/4" steel cutting blade on a 7 1/4" miter saw. I've used 2 different brands of saw blades and both have gotten dull very quickly. I contacted the manufacturers of both blades and they both said that a miter saw is spinning at a high rpm, higher than the blade is designed for. They both stated that the blades are designed to be run on different saws at slower speeds.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
The Evolution blades are designed to be used on the Evolution saw.  The evolution 10 inch chop saw spins at 2,500 rpm.   A dewalt 10 inch chop saw spins at 5,000 rpm,  which would likely cause the blade to overheat and dull pretty quickly.  The saw blade I have has worked fine for me, but I use it on an Evolution saw.
Just bought an Irwin 7 1/4 metal cutting blade, I put it on my Hilti wsc-267-e circ. saw. It has variable speed so I could slow it down to 3500 rpm, same as a Milwaukee metal cutting circ. saw.

So far, it's worked awesome on steel siding. The Hilti fits Festool guide rails, nice straight cuts.

Yes

Ed
(08-02-2017, 07:40 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: The Evolution blades are designed to be used on the Evolution saw.  The evolution 10 inch chop saw spins at 2,500 rpm.   A dewalt 10 inch chop saw spins at 5,000 rpm,  which would likely cause the blade to overheat and dull pretty quickly.  The saw blade I have has worked fine for me, but I use it on an Evolution saw.

Not only do you need a machine that will run the speed range for the blade, but the blades themselves are different, depending on the thickness, and type of metal to be cut
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW