Woodnet Forums
Struggling to replace MM-16 table - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Struggling to replace MM-16 table (/showthread.php?tid=7332508)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Struggling to replace MM-16 table - Aram - 08-15-2017

LIL I'm thinking that removing the trunnions, mounting them to the saw and then mounting the top will be easiest. With supports under it in case I deke right and the table jukes left.

RE: Struggling to replace MM-16 table - Stwood_ - 08-16-2017

Nothing wrong with doing it that way, except you'll have to do the major alignment instead of the minor.

RE: Struggling to replace MM-16 table - Aram - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 09:39 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Nothing wrong with doing it that way, except you'll have to do the major alignment instead of the minor.

What would be involved? I know I'd have to get the table flat. Would I have to adjust it (more or less) square to the blade? What other alignment would be needed?

Thanks!

RE: Struggling to replace MM-16 table - Phil Thien - 08-16-2017

Does it make sense to remove the trunions, and attach those to the saw, then place the table onto the trunions?

That would work on my (different make/model) saw, but don't know if it would work on yours.

RE: Struggling to replace MM-16 table - Stwood_ - 08-16-2017

(08-16-2017, 10:16 AM)Aram Wrote: What would be involved? I know I'd have to get the table flat. Would I have to adjust it (more or less) square to the blade? What other alignment would be needed?

Thanks!

Had to go look at mine again. I have a MM-16 also.
There's 4 jack/attaching bolts holding the table on. You have a certain distance between the table and trunion plate. Looks to be 1/2" or so.
Maybe make some wood spacer blocks to fit in there. That will give you a guide to follow when you put the table back on maybe.
Then, level and resquare the table to the blade.

Maybe?

I'd go find some lifting help.