Woodnet Forums
Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? (/showthread.php?tid=7333933)

Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - rwalden - 10-12-2017

Since I lost my #1 Fan and Inspiration for wood turning a few years ago, I haven't turned anything -- nada.  However, I have a small collection (15-20?) of turning blanks for which I foresee no use.  Various woods, sizes and shapes.  Too much to ship, so needs to be driving distance from Cumming, GA.  For assurance of iced tea on arrival, I might even deliver.  I will post more complete descriptions and/or pictures, etc., if any interest.

I am not selling any tools, for reasons not abundantly clear to me -- except that I never sell tools or guns.  I am just trying to diminish my incredible collection of non-used stuff so my daughter won't pee on my grave when someday she has to deal with it all.  (Which won't be soon, I hope.)

Take care,
Russ Walden

RE: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - FrankAtl - 10-12-2017

I live in Cumming. I'd love to come by and check it out. End me a PM and we'll arrange a time.

Frank

RE: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - rwalden - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 05:00 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I live in Cumming. I'd love to come by and check it out. End me a PM and we'll arrange a time.

Frank

Hi, Frank --
That's great.  I am either retired or unemployed, so almost any time will work for me.  I am at the far north edge of Forsyth county.  Email me for address and thoughts on time:  rwalden@rwalden.com
Take care,
Russ

RE: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - Arlin Eastman - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 05:35 PM)rwalden Wrote: Hi, Frank --
That's great.  I am either retired or unemployed, so almost any time will work for me.  I am at the far north edge of Forsyth county.  Email me for address and thoughts on time:  rwalden@rwalden.com
Take care,
Russ

Russ

So very sorry to hear that your spouse died and that would differently put a crimp in doing anything afterwards.  Glad you are not selling tools since I know someday you will be back at it.

Now that I see where you are at, I have been wanting to tell everyone that about a year or less ago someone from Georgia sent me and the vets some dried bowls to finish turning.  It sure was nice of him to do it too.

Funny thing I seen part of the address but no name to send a Thank You back to the person.

RE: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - rwalden - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 07:04 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: . . . someone from Georgia sent me and the vets some dried bowls to finish turning.
Hi, Arlin --

It was not I who did that.  I had some unfinished stuff, but they are sitting quietly in my cabinets still unfinished.  I have not turned on my lathe since then.  There are those who can, with careful direction, remove every unneeded piece until the final form emerges; then there are those who can look at a block of stone and see the Pieta inside.  I am not that latter person.  As Dirty Harry famously said, "A man's got to know his limitations."
Take care,
Russ

RE: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - rwalden - 10-13-2017

The wood is gone, thanks to Frank.

RE: Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia? - FrankAtl - 10-13-2017

Thanks Russ! Nice to meet you.
(10-13-2017, 12:10 PM)rwalden Wrote: The wood is gone, thanks to Frank.

Thanks Russ. It was nice meeting you today.