Wood Turners In Or Near North Georgia?
Since I lost my #1 Fan and Inspiration for wood turning a few years ago, I haven't turned anything -- nada.  However, I have a small collection (15-20?) of turning blanks for which I foresee no use.  Various woods, sizes and shapes.  Too much to ship, so needs to be driving distance from Cumming, GA.  For assurance of iced tea on arrival, I might even deliver.  I will post more complete descriptions and/or pictures, etc., if any interest.

I am not selling any tools, for reasons not abundantly clear to me -- except that I never sell tools or guns.  I am just trying to diminish my incredible collection of non-used stuff so my daughter won't pee on my grave when someday she has to deal with it all.  (Which won't be soon, I hope.)

Take care,
Russ Walden
I live in Cumming. I'd love to come by and check it out. End me a PM and we'll arrange a time.

Frank
(10-12-2017, 05:00 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I live in Cumming. I'd love to come by and check it out. End me a PM and we'll arrange a time.

Frank

Hi, Frank --
That's great.  I am either retired or unemployed, so almost any time will work for me.  I am at the far north edge of Forsyth county.  Email me for address and thoughts on time:  rwalden@rwalden.com
Take care,
Russ
(10-12-2017, 05:35 PM)rwalden Wrote: Hi, Frank --
That's great.  I am either retired or unemployed, so almost any time will work for me.  I am at the far north edge of Forsyth county.  Email me for address and thoughts on time:  rwalden@rwalden.com
Take care,
Russ

Russ

So very sorry to hear that your spouse died and that would differently put a crimp in doing anything afterwards.  Glad you are not selling tools since I know someday you will be back at it.

Now that I see where you are at, I have been wanting to tell everyone that about a year or less ago someone from Georgia sent me and the vets some dried bowls to finish turning.  It sure was nice of him to do it too.

Funny thing I seen part of the address but no name to send a Thank You back to the person.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-12-2017, 07:04 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: . . . someone from Georgia sent me and the vets some dried bowls to finish turning.
Hi, Arlin --

It was not I who did that.  I had some unfinished stuff, but they are sitting quietly in my cabinets still unfinished.  I have not turned on my lathe since then.  There are those who can, with careful direction, remove every unneeded piece until the final form emerges; then there are those who can look at a block of stone and see the Pieta inside.  I am not that latter person.  As Dirty Harry famously said, "A man's got to know his limitations."
Take care,
Russ
The wood is gone, thanks to Frank.
Thanks Russ! Nice to meet you.
(10-13-2017, 12:10 PM)rwalden Wrote: The wood is gone, thanks to Frank.

Thanks Russ. It was nice meeting you today.