Woodnet Forums
Desk lamp - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Desk lamp (/showthread.php?tid=7334409)

Pages: 1 2

Desk lamp - hairy - 10-31-2017

This was a fun piece to make. Mahogany, brass, paracord, rattle can poly, and a FREE Harbor Freight flashlight. 14" tall x 7" wide.

I'm having a hard time posting this. Image sizes are a mess. Photobucket was easy. It works good, I just can't post a pic of it working until I hammer out this image size nightmare. The only thing I can think of to do is reshoot the pics at a different size. I resized, but they post the original size.  If you know how to fix this please let me know.

RE: Desk lamp - hairy - 10-31-2017

This is weird. Maybe it's just Halloween. They posted better than they previewed, but I still can't post the others, error message is "File too large"

RE: Desk lamp - Woodshop - 10-31-2017

Very cool hairy
Cool

RE: Desk lamp - Arlin Eastman - 11-01-2017

(10-31-2017, 08:26 PM)hairy Wrote: This is weird. Maybe it's just Halloween. They posted better than they previewed, but I still can't post the others, error message is "File too large"

Hairy

I use MS office picture to get it within less then 1meg and I usually choose the 800x600 and the picture still comes out nice and you can put in 4 or 5 pictures that way.

Also I love what you did with it.  Really neat.

My wife said "Pretty Clever"

RE: Desk lamp - chips ahoy - 11-01-2017

Hairy,you have done it again,amazing piece of work.Brilliant idea.

Mel

RE: Desk lamp - hairy - 11-01-2017

(10-31-2017, 08:26 PM)hairy Wrote: This is weird. Maybe it's just Halloween. They posted better than they previewed, but I still can't post the others, error message is "File too large"

Thanks!

Error message says file must be less than 1000 kb, I resized to 500 and got the same message.

RE: Desk lamp - Herb G - 11-01-2017

Very unique piece my friend.
Smirk

RE: Desk lamp - FrankAtl - 11-01-2017

Great idea!

RE: Desk lamp - Arlin Eastman - 11-01-2017

Hairy

Do you have "MS office picture"?  If so I can talk you thru it to get them down to about 50k and still have good picture

RE: Desk lamp - Dusty Workshop - 11-03-2017

Very creative piece!

If you are posting pics from your smartphone there are apps that you can use to resize the pictures.
I use "Photo and Pictures Resizer"
It puts all of the resized pictures in a designated folder that makes things easier when you go to upload them.