Woodnet Forums
Daily Bench Shot - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Daily Bench Shot (/showthread.php?tid=7336585)

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Bob10 - 11-15-2022

I hope you aren't needed to move that top in place unless it's thick.  I have a piece that is 2" x 22" x10' I loaded it alone if it had been thinner it would have more than likely snapped.  Heavy for sure

'

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 11-15-2022

(11-15-2022, 12:43 AM)Bob10 Wrote: I hope you aren't needed to move that top in place unless it's thick.  I have a piece that is 2" x 22" x10' I loaded it alone if it had been thinner it would have more than likely snapped.  Heavy for sure

'

Oh, in my proposal (and now signed contract), I made it clear that I would be delivering the base to their home, placing it in their dining room, and leveling the base, but that I am *not* going to be involved in mounting the top--I don't have the experience or expertise for it.

I also simply don't want to be involved with lifting a 600# slab...though I didn't say that.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Bob10 - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 02:48 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Oh, in my proposal (and now signed contract), I made it clear that I would be delivering the base to their home, placing it in their dining room, and leveling the base, but that I am *not* going to be involved in mounting the top--I don't have the experience or expertise for it.

I also simply don't want to be involved with lifting a 600# slab...though I didn't say that.

It's not the big of a deal if the stone is thick enough to stay in one piece.  If you do it right you never lift all of it at once

RE: Daily Bench Shot - cbygeorge - 11-26-2022

Hope to finish this carving in the next week or so.

[attachment=45245]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - hcbph - 11-30-2022

(11-26-2022, 01:17 PM)cbygeorge Wrote: Hope to finish this carving in the next week or so.

Impressive, well done!

RE: Daily Bench Shot - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 12-01-2022

I'm learning to use the Mortise Master I bought a few weeks back.  Still figuring it out, but I already love it.  Was able to cut eight mortises in 20-ish minutes.  Will get faster once I get more efficient with it. 

10/10 would buy again.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-04-2022

[attachment=45345]

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Bob10 - 12-04-2022

I have a friend that picks up those small rotating storage units every time she gets a chance
I had a full size unit but it didn't work for my set up.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - Stwood_ - 12-05-2022

(12-04-2022, 08:31 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I have a friend that picks up those small rotating storage units every time she gets a chance
I had a full size unit but it didn't work for my set up.

I use it for keeping common used screws when I'm building something on the bench.

RE: Daily Bench Shot - grwold - 12-08-2022

Unseasonably warm weather here in eastern PA let me take the "workbench" outside.  LOML appreciates that the sparkle won't be inside, this time!

[attachment=45393]

Sizing the top for a small box (the same plan that @Bandit571 used in We have a plan?) out of spalted maple.  Wish I could work as quickly as he does!