Woodnet Forums
Walnut chairs completed - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Walnut chairs completed (/showthread.php?tid=7337425)

Pages: 1 2 3

Walnut chairs completed - rick4212 - 02-16-2018

Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - atgcpaul - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 01:46 AM)rick4212 Wrote: Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Beautiful work, Rick.  Can you share some construction details especially on how you formed the curves in the chair seat and back?  Are they laminations or did you start with solid stock and use that poor spokeshave to form them?

Paul

RE: Walnut chairs completed - badwhiskey - 02-16-2018

Gorgeous!

RE: Walnut chairs completed - fredhargis - 02-16-2018

Wow! I'm also interested in how you formed the curves in the back.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - shoottmx - 02-16-2018

Cowabunga! You knocked that one out of the park!

g

RE: Walnut chairs completed - GlenS - 02-16-2018

WOW!! Thems some real beauties!!

RE: Walnut chairs completed - AgGEM - 02-16-2018

Stunning. Most impressed.
Thank you for sharing.
Ag

RE: Walnut chairs completed - FrankAtl - 02-16-2018

Wow! Chairs are one of the most difficult things to build. I think you knocked this one out of the park.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - Aram - 02-16-2018

Gorgeous work.

RE: Walnut chairs completed - Phil Thien - 02-16-2018

If I could make chairs that beautiful, I’d figure out how to take better pictures (hint, hint, post some better pics).