Woodnet Forums
Rockler lost the sale - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Rockler lost the sale (/showthread.php?tid=7337768)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rockler lost the sale - Handplanesandmore - 02-27-2018

Anyone who complains about short or late Sunday hours should work for a retail business when they have a family with small kids to raise or have a companion who needs to be cared for 7 days a week.

You are talking about your Sunday fun project (even if it is for work and you can always plan to buy your stuff on a weekend) being ruined by a business that just wants its employees to have a more relaxed Sunday after 6 continuous business days?

Many people these days are getting impatient, easily agitated and out right inconsiderate because all they think about is themselves. THEMSELVES. If you were taking a loved one to an emergency room and it was not open until two hours later, I could understand. You don't check a business' hours online and show up early expecting to be treated like a king? WOW!

Simon

RE: Rockler lost the sale - daddo - 02-27-2018

What you do, you do to satisfy yourself.

I was in a major auto parts store waiting in line until I felt that is enough waiting and walked out. I realized my few bucks wouldn't make a difference to them, but it did make me happy to know I had that choice and the parts place across the street also liked my decision.

Sometimes your just not up to patience. Bad day- whatever. Completely understandable.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - Arlin Eastman - 02-27-2018

Not punching on you, but I would have called to make sure.  Also after being in the bombing I LEARNED patience and it was  hard thing to do.
Yes   That and asking others for help was an even bigger chore, but one I have never regretted in doing.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - EricU - 02-27-2018

brother google will tell you if a store is open, just search for it.

I recently drove over to a lumber store I hadn't been to before, and they were closing at 4.  I forgot what it was like before the borgs.  Of course, our HD is nearly impossible to shop in after 5 because they have all the contractor orders lined up in the aisles.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - toolmiser - 02-27-2018

Around here the "independent" carpet stores are all closed on Sunday. Seems like that would be one of the two best days of the week for a "couple" to go look at it.

A few of us neighbors would mow an elderly lady's lawn whenever it needed it and we had a lawn mower going. Unfortunately for her, we must have done it on Sunday's too much so she told us not to do it anymore, she had a relative come do it on a week day.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - photobug - 02-28-2018

Remind me not to post my First World/Big City problems on here.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - Strokes77 - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 12:28 AM)photobug Wrote: Remind me not to post my First World/Big City problems on here.

I tell you what I hate is when I'm in the right lane of a 2 lane highway. I am approaching a slow moving car in front of me, but there is a car to my left slowly passing me.  

Grinds my gears.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - Stwood_ - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 12:28 AM)photobug Wrote: Remind me not to post my First World/Big City problems on here.

+1
Laugh

RE: Rockler lost the sale - ®smpr_fi_mac® - 02-28-2018

This thread is making me giggle.

I grew up with motorcycle shops being closed on Sunday and Monday--all of them. Mom and Pop shops, too.

Can't fault 'em for wanting time off.

RE: Rockler lost the sale - Handplanesandmore - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 11:46 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: This thread is making me giggle.

I grew up with motorcycle shops being closed on Sunday and Monday--all of them.  Mom and Pop shops, too.

Can't fault 'em for wanting time off.

Safeway was closed on Sundays and I always got to benefit from their Saturday afternoon bread sale, etc. No chain stores where I live are closed on Sundays now, because they have to compete against each other.

The worst are not those who show up on a Sunday before the door is open for a retail business; they are the ones who walk in the door T-minus 5 or less (likely with a cup of coffee in one hand) before the door is closed. Do you "big spender" really think your transaction can be satisfactorily served in a few minutes?

I enjoy spending money but I do not enjoy making any frontline workers working on a Sunday their lives more miserable. If there is a long long line-up at a store I visit on a Sunday, I wait and thank the server by name (if a name tag is worn) before I leave. These Sunday workers who do not get paid more deserve my business to support their jobs. We are woodworkers, not monsters.

Simon