Woodnet Forums
Walnut chest on stand done - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Walnut chest on stand done (/showthread.php?tid=7338174)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - photobug - 03-16-2018

(03-15-2018, 10:54 PM)rick4212 Wrote: I made all the pieces in the room over this past year. They are all made of walnut that i cut the trees down then cut and dryed them. Thanks for the nice comment.

That is truly inspiring work.  I built my own home or am building it.  One day I will be filling it with furniture also.

Thanks for the inspiration.

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - 2beast - 03-17-2018

Most excellent 
Cool

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - Aram - 03-17-2018

(03-15-2018, 08:08 PM)rick4212 Wrote: Just some quick pictures of the recently completed walnut chest on stand. So the dinning room is finally complete. Wife is happy so I'm fine with it. Chest is 25"x20"x 17" deep and the full height is 59". Thanks for looking.

That's beautiful work. Can we see the inside?

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - southgalawyer - 03-17-2018

Wow.  That's an amazing set of furniture

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - Cian - 03-17-2018

Wow. Gorgeous!  
Cool

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - TomFromStLouis - 03-17-2018

What everyone else said. Tasteful designs in gorgeous wood you harvested yourself; it does not get any better than that.

Hate to tell you though, you are not done. A nice oriental rug (or your choice) under the table and chairs would pop all that beautiful wood and dampen the echoes a bit. Better adopt a sheep.

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - shoottmx - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 05:35 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: ........Better adopt a sheep.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

g

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - rick4212 - 03-17-2018

Tomfromstlouis said:
Hate to tell you though, you are not done. A nice oriental rug (or your choice) under the table and chairs would pop all that beautiful wood and dampen the echoes a bit. Better adopt a sheep.

Yes I agree. My wife is picking one out but she wanted me to finish first. Thanks for all the nice comments.

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - BrokenOlMarine - 03-19-2018

Great job, I love walnut pieces."

RE: Walnut chest on stand done - AHill - 03-19-2018

Very nice!  How is the chest attached to the stand?  Does it just rest there, or is it fastened in some way?  I'd love to see the inside of the chest as well.  Shelves?  Drawers?  Both?