Woodnet Forums
Catharine and I have been at it again - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Catharine and I have been at it again (/showthread.php?tid=7338444)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Arlin Eastman - 03-27-2018

Ron

The plane is wonderful and looks better at its job then other shooting planes.

Cloudy

I can easily see your love of carving in this project for sure.

When I get rich I will have Ron make me one and you do the carving.
Yes

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - mvflaim - 03-27-2018

The two masters....

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Tony Z - 03-28-2018

The two together look like some of the nicest tools I've seen in the four decades+ I've been a woodworker (started in pre-teen years with dear old, deceased dad!).

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - oarlock - 03-28-2018

Ron, when you come to Handworks next year be sure to bring Catharine along.

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Ron Brese - 03-28-2018

(03-26-2018, 09:02 PM)Ron Brese Wrote: Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm sure Catharine appreciates them as well. We have some other ideas to pursue so the future should be interesting.

Ron

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Cian - 03-29-2018

Holey schmoley! That's gorgeous. 
Cool

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Bibliophile 13 - 03-29-2018

I was wondering how the engraving on the right cheek, where the plane rides on the chute, was going to work with the plane sliding back and forth. On a conventional shooting board, I think the engraving might catch on the surface, pick up dust, and eventually score the surface. But now I need it. The plane rides on runners. That must make this plane slide back and forth incredibly easily!

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Ron Brese - 03-30-2018

(03-29-2018, 10:16 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: I was wondering how the engraving on the right cheek, where the plane rides on the chute, was going to work with the plane sliding back and forth.  On a conventional shooting board, I think the engraving might catch on the surface, pick up dust, and eventually score the surface.  But now I need it.  The plane rides on runners.  That must make this plane slide back and forth incredibly easily!

When I mounted this plane on the "No Rock" chute board for testing I masked the attachment plate in order not to mar the engraving on that side of the plane. The new "No Rock" runs on linear bearings and so the same method would be applied. It does move pretty effortlessly and with the mass of this thing it's a very different shooting experience.

Ron

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - Big Dave - 03-30-2018

(03-29-2018, 07:30 PM)Cian Wrote: Holey schmoley! That's gorgeous. 
Cool

Cian nailed it...

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

RE: Catharine and I have been at it again - 2beast - 03-30-2018

Oh my 
Cool
Cool
Cool

Simply a stunning work of art