Woodnet Forums
Kraft 3' Paper Roll Dispenser/Cutter - Homemade Options? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Kraft 3' Paper Roll Dispenser/Cutter - Homemade Options? (/showthread.php?tid=7339078)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Kraft 3' Paper Roll Dispenser/Cutter - Homemade Options? - Arlin Eastman - 05-19-2018

(05-02-2018, 03:41 PM)giradman Wrote: Well, came up w/ a solution - hung 14" long 1 1/2" square oak hangers under the basement stairs attached to the stringers on each side (see pic below); 3/4" holes drilled at the bottom - used some old leftover electrical conduit - the Kraft Paper roll is nearly 6' off the ground but easily reachable  - now need to come up w/ an idea of cutting the paper - Dave
Smile

I see you hung up your toilet paper under it.
Winkgrin
Big Grin

RE: Kraft 3' Paper Roll Dispenser/Cutter - Homemade Options? - giradman - 05-19-2018

(05-19-2018, 12:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I see you hung up your toilet paper under it.
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Hi Guys - well, I made a U-shaped frame w/ 3 hacksaw blades @ the bottom, then attached to the paper roll hanger - works OK but improved by clamping a straight stick on back to hold paper still - might be easier to just use a utility knife?  Now, I cut paper only a few times a year, so just nice to get the Kraft roll out of the way.  Dave
Smile

P.S. the other 'roll' is cloth rags - just cut w/ heavy-duty scissors.

RE: Kraft 3' Paper Roll Dispenser/Cutter - Homemade Options? - Pirate - 05-20-2018

Fyi. Free source of paper roll.
Our local newspaper gives away roll ends of paper. With a lot of paper left.
Not that heavy, but has it's uses.