Woodnet Forums
Experience with AAW Grants - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Experience with AAW Grants (/showthread.php?tid=7343945)

Experience with AAW Grants - badwhiskey - 10-28-2018

Does anyone have experience with the AAW grants, specifically the lathe grants?  I'm thinking of applying for one for our local maker's space.  I've taught a turning class there on their poor lathe, and it'd be nice to get a decent lathe for folks.

I'm curious how likely a lathe for maker's space would be, as opposed to a turning club for example.  There are no turning clubs in a 90 mile (maybe more) radius from me.  I'd really like to build a turning community, and there was strong interest in the class that I taught, but the lathe really sucked.

RE: Experience with AAW Grants - Arlin Eastman - 10-29-2018

I would say go for it, also contact AAW for the form and ask them how to fill it out properly.  If anything is wrong it will not go thru.

I knew someone there awhile back and they were going to help me with grant to go to the AAW in Kansas City MO but I had to back out since I ended up getting sick and going in the hospital and did not know when if I could go/

RE: Experience with AAW Grants - badwhiskey - 10-31-2018

Thanks Arlin. I’m definitely going to apply. Our Makerspace has a donated lathe that isn’t very good. I taught a class there and it was fun. But I don’t want to teach another class until they get a new lathe.