Woodnet Forums
PSA - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: PSA (/showthread.php?tid=7343988)

PSA - Cecil - 10-29-2018

I cut some pressure treated lumber for a project and set it on the table saw for the weekend.  BAD idea.  Some WD 40 a Scotchbrite pad and about 1/2 hour of time and it is better.  There is some staining.

RE: PSA - Stwood_ - 10-29-2018

Yes. I did that once. Forgot that cutoff was there for a couple of days

RE: PSA - EvilTwin - 10-30-2018

(10-29-2018, 09:34 PM)Cecil Wrote: I cut some pressure treated lumber for a project and set it on the table saw for the weekend.  BAD idea.  Some WD 40 a Scotchbrite pad and about 1/2 hour of time and it is better.  There is some staining.

Been there, Done that....
Upset
Upset

RE: PSA - Bill Wilson - 10-30-2018

I was using my bandsaw to cut 45 degree angles on some short sections of 6x6, earlier this Summer.  Put a couple of the off-cuts, end grain down, on my TS.  I was horrified when I moved them a couple days later.  Fortunately the rust cleaned up pretty easily, but lesson learned.

RE: PSA - Cian - 10-30-2018

Yup, don't leave lumber on cast iron surfaces. Sorry to hear.

RE: PSA - sniper - 10-31-2018

If you cut it on your TS, make sure to move your fence to get rid of the sawdust that got under it. It will really make a mess after a week or so. DAMHIKT.

RE: PSA - Cecil - 10-31-2018

(10-31-2018, 12:17 PM)sniper Wrote: If you cut it on your TS, make sure to move your fence to get rid of the sawdust that got under it.  It will really make a mess after a week or so.  DAMHIKT.

I will remember that too.  I was cutting on the RAS, and set it behind me on the TS.