Woodnet Forums
New tools and I can see endless - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: New tools and I can see endless (/showthread.php?tid=7348827)

Pages: 1 2

New tools and I can see endless - Arlin Eastman - 06-17-2019

possibilities for using this and know I can not find the funds before it goes out of production so maybe I can make one.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/onetime-tool-stair-tread-shelf-gauge-w-woodpecker-case-woodpeckers

RE: New tools and I can see endless - stav - 06-17-2019

Yeah, making one seems to be the best option. That is a very specific use tool. I can think of a lot of things to do with the $290 it costs. That said, it is a very nice tool and a neat idea. If someone was giving them out, I would be happy to take one.

RE: New tools and I can see endless - Alan S - 06-17-2019

If you were fitting things of about that size all day, it would certainly be a good tool to have. If it's only now and then, a couple of bevel gauges and an old fashioned folding rule with a sliding extended tip for inside measurements would work just fine. Or if you like templates, rip some 1/8" strips from a board, and on site trim to size with scissors and connect them together with a hot glue gun.

RE: New tools and I can see endless - professore - 06-17-2019

Arlin,

Make your own.  Piece of cake.  Use the money for other things.

Frank S in IA

RE: New tools and I can see endless - Stwood_ - 06-17-2019

I made my own from strips of 1/4" ply

RE: New tools and I can see endless - FrankAtl - 06-17-2019

I get emails advertising these one-time tools and the price always seems outrageous. Are they worth it?

RE: New tools and I can see endless - Admiral - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 03:25 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I get emails advertising these one-time tools and the price always seems outrageous. Are they worth it?

No.  Unless you do the specific task for a living, then, maybe, just maybe.

RE: New tools and I can see endless - Redman - 06-17-2019

(06-17-2019, 02:39 PM)professore Wrote: Arlin,

Make your own.  Piece of cake.  Use the money for other things.

Frank S in IA

^^^^^^This

(06-17-2019, 02:45 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I made my own from strips of 1/4" ply

^^^^^^And this

RE: New tools and I can see endless - jasfrank - 06-17-2019

Wheaton makes one. Its fairly common and high quality. You could probably find a good one on an auction for not too much money. Its called the stair wizard.

RE: New tools and I can see endless - MsNomer - 06-17-2019

Oh, that would have been sooo sweet working on the van where nothing is square. I managed for a lot fewer $$$, though.