New tools and I can see endless
possibilities for using this and know I can not find the funds before it goes out of production so maybe I can make one.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/oneti...oodpeckers
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yeah, making one seems to be the best option. That is a very specific use tool. I can think of a lot of things to do with the $290 it costs. That said, it is a very nice tool and a neat idea. If someone was giving them out, I would be happy to take one.
If you were fitting things of about that size all day, it would certainly be a good tool to have. If it's only now and then, a couple of bevel gauges and an old fashioned folding rule with a sliding extended tip for inside measurements would work just fine. Or if you like templates, rip some 1/8" strips from a board, and on site trim to size with scissors and connect them together with a hot glue gun.
Arlin,

Make your own.  Piece of cake.  Use the money for other things.

Frank S in IA
I made my own from strips of 1/4" ply
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I get emails advertising these one-time tools and the price always seems outrageous. Are they worth it?
(06-17-2019, 03:25 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I get emails advertising these one-time tools and the price always seems outrageous. Are they worth it?

No.  Unless you do the specific task for a living, then, maybe, just maybe.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(06-17-2019, 02:39 PM)professore Wrote: Arlin,

Make your own.  Piece of cake.  Use the money for other things.

Frank S in IA

^^^^^^This

(06-17-2019, 02:45 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I made my own from strips of 1/4" ply

^^^^^^And this
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Wheaton makes one. Its fairly common and high quality. You could probably find a good one on an auction for not too much money. Its called the stair wizard.
Oh, that would have been sooo sweet working on the van where nothing is square. I managed for a lot fewer $$$, though.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson