Woodnet Forums
Baby Uni-Fence - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Baby Uni-Fence (/showthread.php?tid=7350407)

Pages: 1 2

Baby Uni-Fence - wjt - 09-22-2019

I seen this on Craigslist.
https://wichita.craigslist.org/tls/d/valley-center-delta-52-precision-saw/6983676622.html

It is listed as a Delta Precision Saw Guide

Looking on VintageMachinery.org it is described as a 'baby uni-fence'

Anyone familiar with this.

Thanks, Bill

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - Admiral - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 11:54 AM)wjt Wrote: I seen this on Craigslist.
https://wichita.craigslist.org/tls/d/valley-center-delta-52-precision-saw/6983676622.html

It is listed as a Delta Precision Saw Guide

Looking on VintageMachinery.org it is described as a 'baby uni-fence'

Anyone familiar with this.

Thanks, Bill

I have that fence on my "Great White" edition Unisaw, and love it, dead balls accurate.  You get the extension table too.  That's a screaming deal, and the fence is the "real" deal, OEM.

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - Gary G™ - 09-22-2019

Get it.
Looks like the only difference between it and the full Unifence is the wedge on the nose (whatever it’s called).

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - fredhargis - 09-22-2019

The Unifence sold with their contractors saws did have a slightly shorter fence than the ones sold with Unisaws, would that be the reason to call it a "baby"? They were otherwise the same as far as I know (I had both, and they are great fences.) But I've never seen one labeled "Precision Saw Guide".

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - Steve in Nova Scotia - 09-22-2019

(09-22-2019, 02:03 PM)fredhargis Wrote: The Unifence sold with their contractors saws did have a slightly shorter fence than the ones sold with Unisaws, would that be the reason to call it a "baby"? They were otherwise the same as far as I know (I had both, and they are great fences.) But I've never seen one labeled "Precision Saw Guide".

I had one for nearly 20 years, it was a great fence, as said above, dead balls accurate, holds it's settings like a Rottweiler with a bone. That's a great deal, I sold mine two years ago when I bought my new cabinet saw, I got $150 for it with the shorter 30" fence.

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - MarkSingleton - 09-22-2019

I have one on my 1957 Craftsman table saw. Very accurate and easy to use.
Wish I had longer rails for it, but my searches thus far have been fruitless.

[attachment=20760]

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - wjt - 09-23-2019

(09-22-2019, 10:34 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I have one on my 1957 Craftsman table saw. Very accurate and easy to use.

How long are your current rails ? What length are you looking for ?

Bill

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - stav - 09-23-2019

I don't know about the baby Unifence, but the Unifence is a great fence.  Had on om my old 60's/70's Unisaws for quite a while now and have never had any problems with it.

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - MarkSingleton - 09-23-2019

(09-22-2019, 10:34 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I have one on my 1957 Craftsman table saw. Very accurate and easy to use.

(09-23-2019, 03:21 AM)wjt Wrote: How long are your current rails ?  What length are you looking for ?

Bill

The rail I have is 41 inches. Which some previous owner undoubtedly cut down from the longer version.
I have had a few of the shorter thirty inch ones pop up now and then.  As I understand it the long version
was about fifty two or so. 

Several years back I bought a basket case craftsman saw solely because it had two webbed cast iron
extension tables that I could mate up to mine. Hence, the need for a longer rail for the fence. I don't cut
big stuff all that often but the additional capability would be nice.

RE: Baby Uni-Fence - wjt - 09-23-2019

(09-23-2019, 03:49 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote:    The rail I have is 41 inches. Which some previous owner undoubtedly cut down from the longer version.
I have had a few of the shorter thirty inch ones pop up now and then.  As I understand it the long version
was about fifty two or so. 

Several years back I bought a basket case craftsman saw solely because it had two webbed cast iron
extension tables that I could mate up to mine. Hence, the need for a longer rail for the fence. I don't cut
big stuff all that often but the additional capability would be nice.

Mark:

Photos of the 52" rail I have for sale.

Bill