Baby Uni-Fence
I seen this on Craigslist.
https://wichita.craigslist.org/tls/d/val...76622.html

It is listed as a Delta Precision Saw Guide

Looking on VintageMachinery.org it is described as a 'baby uni-fence'

Anyone familiar with this.

Thanks, Bill
(09-22-2019, 11:54 AM)wjt Wrote: I seen this on Craigslist.
https://wichita.craigslist.org/tls/d/val...76622.html

It is listed as a Delta Precision Saw Guide

Looking on VintageMachinery.org it is described as a 'baby uni-fence'

Anyone familiar with this.

Thanks, Bill

I have that fence on my "Great White" edition Unisaw, and love it, dead balls accurate.  You get the extension table too.  That's a screaming deal, and the fence is the "real" deal, OEM.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Get it.
Looks like the only difference between it and the full Unifence is the wedge on the nose (whatever it’s called).
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
The Unifence sold with their contractors saws did have a slightly shorter fence than the ones sold with Unisaws, would that be the reason to call it a "baby"? They were otherwise the same as far as I know (I had both, and they are great fences.) But I've never seen one labeled "Precision Saw Guide".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-22-2019, 02:03 PM)fredhargis Wrote: The Unifence sold with their contractors saws did have a slightly shorter fence than the ones sold with Unisaws, would that be the reason to call it a "baby"? They were otherwise the same as far as I know (I had both, and they are great fences.) But I've never seen one labeled "Precision Saw Guide".

I had one for nearly 20 years, it was a great fence, as said above, dead balls accurate, holds it's settings like a Rottweiler with a bone. That's a great deal, I sold mine two years ago when I bought my new cabinet saw, I got $150 for it with the shorter 30" fence.
I have one on my 1957 Craftsman table saw. Very accurate and easy to use.
Wish I had longer rails for it, but my searches thus far have been fruitless.

Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(09-22-2019, 10:34 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I have one on my 1957 Craftsman table saw. Very accurate and easy to use.

How long are your current rails ? What length are you looking for ?

Bill
I don't know about the baby Unifence, but the Unifence is a great fence.  Had on om my old 60's/70's Unisaws for quite a while now and have never had any problems with it.
(09-22-2019, 10:34 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I have one on my 1957 Craftsman table saw. Very accurate and easy to use.

(09-23-2019, 03:21 AM)wjt Wrote: How long are your current rails ?  What length are you looking for ?

Bill

The rail I have is 41 inches. Which some previous owner undoubtedly cut down from the longer version.
I have had a few of the shorter thirty inch ones pop up now and then.  As I understand it the long version
was about fifty two or so. 

Several years back I bought a basket case craftsman saw solely because it had two webbed cast iron
extension tables that I could mate up to mine. Hence, the need for a longer rail for the fence. I don't cut
big stuff all that often but the additional capability would be nice.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(09-23-2019, 03:49 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote:    The rail I have is 41 inches. Which some previous owner undoubtedly cut down from the longer version.
I have had a few of the shorter thirty inch ones pop up now and then.  As I understand it the long version
was about fifty two or so. 

Several years back I bought a basket case craftsman saw solely because it had two webbed cast iron
extension tables that I could mate up to mine. Hence, the need for a longer rail for the fence. I don't cut
big stuff all that often but the additional capability would be nice.

Mark:

Photos of the 52" rail I have for sale.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)