Woodnet Forums
Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? (/showthread.php?tid=7350749)

Pages: 1 2

Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - LongLook - 10-13-2019

There is a Wordsmith video on the net that shows a cart for a shop vac and a Dust Deputy vortex unit.  I thought I remembered seeing an article in the Woodsmith magazine but cannot locate it through any of the indexes or on-line search tools.  Does anyone happen to know which issue of the magazine might have carried the original article?  Being a cheap person, I really don't want to pay $10 for a plan that probably resides in the boxes of magazines I have stored.  Thanks in advance.

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - wjt - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 02:37 PM)LongLook Wrote: There is a Wordsmith video on the net that shows a cart for a shop vac and a Dust Deputy vortex unit.  I thought I remembered seeing an article in the Woodsmith magazine but cannot locate it through any of the indexes or on-line search tools.  Does anyone happen to know which issue of the magazine might have carried the original article?  Being a cheap person, I really don't want to pay $10 for a plan that probably resides in the boxes of magazines I have stored.  Thanks in advance.

It was in an issue of ShopNotes. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the issue #.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more detailed information.

Bill

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - rgc - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 02:37 PM)LongLook Wrote: There is a Wordsmith video on the net that shows a cart for a shop vac and a Dust Deputy vortex unit.  I thought I remembered seeing an article in the Woodsmith magazine but cannot locate it through any of the indexes or on-line search tools.  Does anyone happen to know which issue of the magazine might have carried the original article?  Being a cheap person, I really don't want to pay $10 for a plan that probably resides in the boxes of magazines I have stored.  Thanks in advance.

Check out Shopnotes issue # 109 ( January 2010 ) Page # 38  This might be what you are looking for.

Bob

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - Handplanesandmore - 10-14-2019

The Shopnotes' is a horizontal setup which takes up a larger footprint. Google youtube to find a vertical one for comparison.

Simon

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - LongLook - 10-14-2019

I'm aware of the one in ShopNotes but looking for one that I thought was in Woodsmith and it was the vertical one.  I've seen the video of the latter one but was hoping it was published in Woodsmith.  If I can't locate it I'll do my own design based on the vertical one.

Thanks to all.

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - cpolubin - 10-14-2019

This somehow got in the wrong thread.

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - Big Dave - 10-15-2019

I assume you're talking about this one? Granted, I modified it a bit...

[Image: 6og936Z.jpg]

I don't recall seeing the one you're talking about in the magazine, but I did see it in one of their books - that's where I got it from. I don't remember which one, but I'll look tonight to see if I can find it...

Dave

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - LongLook - 10-16-2019

(10-15-2019, 01:20 PM)Big Dave Wrote: I assume you're talking about this one? Granted, I modified it a bit...

[Image: 6og936Z.jpg]

I don't recall seeing the one you're talking about in the magazine, but I did see it in one of their books - that's where I got it from. I don't remember which one, but I'll look tonight to see if I can find it...

Dave

Thanks.  I was looking for one with a smaller foot print as my shop is pretty small but I think I may be able to modify the design to make it more vertical.  If you locate something in one of their books I would appreciate a reference to it.  I'm still thinking about how I want to approach this.  I'm getting to the point where I have more dust collection equipment than woodworking equipment.

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - Big Dave - 10-16-2019

(10-16-2019, 07:33 AM)LongLook Wrote:  If you locate something in one of their books I would appreciate a reference to it.

I found the book still in their catalog on the Woodsmith site. Hope it helps!

Dave[url=https://www.woodsmithlibrary.com/buy-book/W1101/][/url]

RE: Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article? - LongLook - 10-17-2019

(10-16-2019, 10:23 PM)Big Dave Wrote: I found the book still in their catalog on the Woodsmith site. Hope it helps!

Dave[url=https://www.woodsmithlibrary.com/buy-book/W1101/][/url]

Thanks Dave.  Appreciate your follow through.