Shop Vac/Cyclone Cart Article?
There is a Wordsmith video on the net that shows a cart for a shop vac and a Dust Deputy vortex unit.  I thought I remembered seeing an article in the Woodsmith magazine but cannot locate it through any of the indexes or on-line search tools.  Does anyone happen to know which issue of the magazine might have carried the original article?  Being a cheap person, I really don't want to pay $10 for a plan that probably resides in the boxes of magazines I have stored.  Thanks in advance.
(10-13-2019, 02:37 PM)LongLook Wrote: There is a Wordsmith video on the net that shows a cart for a shop vac and a Dust Deputy vortex unit.  I thought I remembered seeing an article in the Woodsmith magazine but cannot locate it through any of the indexes or on-line search tools.  Does anyone happen to know which issue of the magazine might have carried the original article?  Being a cheap person, I really don't want to pay $10 for a plan that probably resides in the boxes of magazines I have stored.  Thanks in advance.

It was in an issue of ShopNotes. Unfortunately I cannot tell you the issue #.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more detailed information.

Bill
(10-13-2019, 02:37 PM)LongLook Wrote: There is a Wordsmith video on the net that shows a cart for a shop vac and a Dust Deputy vortex unit.  I thought I remembered seeing an article in the Woodsmith magazine but cannot locate it through any of the indexes or on-line search tools.  Does anyone happen to know which issue of the magazine might have carried the original article?  Being a cheap person, I really don't want to pay $10 for a plan that probably resides in the boxes of magazines I have stored.  Thanks in advance.

Check out Shopnotes issue # 109 ( January 2010 ) Page # 38  This might be what you are looking for.

Bob
The Shopnotes' is a horizontal setup which takes up a larger footprint. Google youtube to find a vertical one for comparison.

Simon

I'm aware of the one in ShopNotes but looking for one that I thought was in Woodsmith and it was the vertical one.  I've seen the video of the latter one but was hoping it was published in Woodsmith.  If I can't locate it I'll do my own design based on the vertical one.

Thanks to all.
This somehow got in the wrong thread.
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
I assume you're talking about this one? Granted, I modified it a bit...

[Image: 6og936Z.jpg]

I don't recall seeing the one you're talking about in the magazine, but I did see it in one of their books - that's where I got it from. I don't remember which one, but I'll look tonight to see if I can find it...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(10-15-2019, 01:20 PM)Big Dave Wrote: I assume you're talking about this one? Granted, I modified it a bit...

[Image: 6og936Z.jpg]

I don't recall seeing the one you're talking about in the magazine, but I did see it in one of their books - that's where I got it from. I don't remember which one, but I'll look tonight to see if I can find it...

Dave

Thanks.  I was looking for one with a smaller foot print as my shop is pretty small but I think I may be able to modify the design to make it more vertical.  If you locate something in one of their books I would appreciate a reference to it.  I'm still thinking about how I want to approach this.  I'm getting to the point where I have more dust collection equipment than woodworking equipment.
(10-16-2019, 07:33 AM)LongLook Wrote:  If you locate something in one of their books I would appreciate a reference to it.

I found the book still in their catalog on the Woodsmith site. Hope it helps!

Dave[url=https://www.woodsmithlibrary.com/buy-book/W1101/][/url]
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(10-16-2019, 10:23 PM)Big Dave Wrote: I found the book still in their catalog on the Woodsmith site. Hope it helps!

Dave[url=https://www.woodsmithlibrary.com/buy-book/W1101/][/url]

Thanks Dave.  Appreciate your follow through.